APU Information Systems Policy and User Guide
Access to information systems and networks owned or operated by Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University imposes certain responsibilities and obligations on the user and is granted subject to University policies, and local and national laws.
Acceptable use always is ethical, reflects academic honesty, and shows restraint in the consumption of shared resources. It demonstrates respect for intellectual property, ownership of data, system security mechanisms, and individuals' rights to privacy and to freedom from intimidation and harassment.
Please refer here for the respective policies and user guides.
APU Information Systems Information Disclaimer
Individuals using information systems owned by Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University do so subject to applicable laws and University policies.
We encourage you to report abuse or inappropriate use of APU systems. Such reports can be made via email to email@example.com or in person at the Information Systems Administrative Office.
APU, in cooperation with the Information Systems Department of Ritsumeikan University, offers a variety of support systems and information infrastructures in order to promote education and research. In addition to computer labs, all classrooms at the University are equipped with desktop computers and audio-visual equipment.
- Computer classrooms - IPS, CAI (PCs, Audio-visual equipment)
- General classrooms (Desktop PC, Audio-visual equipment)
- MultiMedia Room (MMR)
- Cyber Study Room (For Graduate students only)
- Multi Media Lab 1 (PDF)
List of Educational Software
- General classrooms-desktop computer, IPS, CAI, MultiMedia Room (MMR) and Cyber Study Room (PDF)
- Wireless LAN connection manual: Manuals and Application Forms page
- VPN connection manual (Virtual Private Networking): Manuals and Application Forms page
- Learning Management System - manaba / LMS Support Website
- Instructional Materials/Report submission folders
- Manuals and precautions (Manuals and Application Forms page)
Educational Technology Support
IT- Information Communication Technology is a crucial part of learning. APU provides educational technology support for both teachers and students for an effective education. Please feel free to stop by our help desk.
Help Desk (Information Systems Office)
- Place: 3rd Floor, D Building (Media Center)
- Hours: Weekdays 10:00 - 16:30 (Closed Saturdays, Sundays and on holidays specified by APU)
Help Desk Support Menu
- For Students:
- Help desk service (computer usage and APU-Net)
- For Faculty:
- LMS （operation, use in classrooms, instructional design)
- Classroom technology workshop (AV, desks, new specs)
- Information and audio-visual equipment rental service
Please check for workshop information on Campus Terminal. We are happy to produce workshops upon request. Please visit the library web page for academic database workshops.
ALRCS (Academic & Learning Resource Staff) are staff members who provide support in order to foster students' self-learning on various occasions with the cooperation of the Academic Office.
- Location: Library 1st floor, near the Reference Counter
- Desk hours of operation: School day, periods 2 - 5