The pages on this site contain guidelines that describe what you should and should not do when using APU's information systems and networks.
Access to information systems and networks owned or operated by Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University imposes certain responsibilities and obligations on the user and is granted subject to University policies, and local and national laws.
Acceptable use is always ethical, reflects academic honesty, and shows restraint in the consumption of shared resources. It demonstrates respect for intellectual property, ownership of data, system security mechanisms, and individuals' rights to privacy and to freedom from intimidation and harassment.
Regulations for Using the Information System
You must observe the rules set by APU when using APU-Net. Observation of the rules is very important for ensuring the efficient use of APU-Net by APU students and the many others at APU who use it.
Ritsumeikan Regulations for Using the Information Systems (PDF)
Examples of Acts Prohibited by Regulations when Using the Information System
- Criminal acts, or other acts that are contrary to public order and morality.
- Any acts which may infringe upon another person’s privacy.
- Non-approved use of another person’s personal information, or infringement of copyrights or other intellectual property rights.
- Commercial or profit-making activities.
- Any acts that may cause damage to the reputation of Ritsumeikan Trust or that are detrimental to APU.
- Any acts that may interfere with the proper maintenance or operations of the Information System and the other networks connected to it.
- Any other acts that are inconsistent with the intent of this Information System.
Policies and User Guide
Make sure you are using APU's Information System in an ethical and responsible manner. Please make sure to observe the guidelines posted on this site before use.
|Email Usage Policy and User Guide（PDF）||The Email Services Policy and User Guide address the particular responsibilities you have when using the email services provided to you.|
|Policy and User Guide for Publication of Official Websites （PDF）||The General Web Page Policy and User Guide is applicable to all staff, students and faculty, and should be read before you publish content in your personal web space, or elsewhere on the APU web server.|
|Personal Website Policy and User Guide （PDF）||The Personal Home Page Policy and User Guide contains specific information regarding your use of the free web space made available to all faculty, students and staff for the purposes of publishing a personal home page. You should be aware of the restrictions and specific responsibilities you have when using this web space.|
|Password Management Policy and User Guide （PDF）||The Password Management Policy and User Guide describe how to manage your password and how to change it.|
If you are unclear about any of these guidelines or if you wish to provide us with feedback about them, please contact us at the Information Systems Office. Any of the full-time staff will be happy to help.
Information Systems Administrative Office
- Location:Building D, 3rd Floor
- Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 10:00 to 16:30
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org