Due to the impact of the novel coronavirus, we are no longer providing face-to-face Academic Advising sessions. Instead, we are providing sessions online via the Zoom Online Meeting System.
More information on how to make a reservation can be found below.
※Applicable Period: Until the end of AY 2020 Fall Semester
APU offers ″Academic Advising″ for students in order to help them identify and achieve their goals both academically and personally. Advising is conducted through meetings with university faculty and staff, and aims to enable students to achieve the following.
- Awareness and utilization of the APU multicultural learning environment
- Smooth transition into university student life
- Creation of an education plan
- Following one’s own study plan responsibly
Individual Academic Advising
You must pre-register to participate in an online Academic Advising session.
How to Register
Send an email with the information shown in 1-5 below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
①Name ②Student ID Number ③Requested Date/Time (offer up to 3 options) ④Consultation Topic
⑤Phone Number ⑥ Whether or not you want to use a classroom
※Please check the timetable of available consultation dates/times and the list of available appointment times, then offer up to 3 options for meeting dates/times.
※ Classroom Usage: If you have in-person classes either before or after your scheduled advising session, you can use a designated classroom to take the advising session (via Zoom)
※If you cannot find a time that works with your schedule, it may still be possible to arrange an alternative appointment.
Please send an email to email@example.com for more information.
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the date, time, and Zoom meeting information of your individual advising session.
- Respond to the email to confirm your appointment.
Use Zoom to attend your advising session at your reserved date/time.
※Please check HERE for information on how to install Zoom.
※Individual advising sessions are held face-to-face, so please make sure your camera is turned on during your session.
If your schedule does not match any of the time slots shown below, please contact us.
Timetable (AY 2020 Fall Semester)
- Each advisor's available times are as follows.
- Mon, 4th period - Prof. SHIN (Japanese)
- Mon, 4th period - Prof. Peter (English)
- Tue, 4th period - Prof. CUTTING (Japanese / English)
- Thu, 3rd period - Prof. TSUTSUI (Japanese / English)
- Please click here for the schedule.
Academic Advising: Our Advisors
- You can speak with any of our four academic advisors about any worries you may have.
- Our Advisors
Held via the Zoom Online Meeting System
※Requires a stable internet connection
- You can speak with an advisor on any issue, large or small. Please consider academic advising for the following topics, or for any other questions you wish to ask.
- Difficulty getting used to being at university
- Time-management problems
- Help with study methods
- Unsure what to do now to prepare for your future
- Unsure how to write reports
- Feeling lost or unsure and wanting to talk with someone
- If the situation is extremely urgent, please visit the appropriate office or the counseling room. Additionally, for questions or advice regarding scholarships, please visit the Student Office.
The Academic Office provides advising sessions to students aimed at helping with their studies. The topics differ for each session, but anyone is free to join.
All sessions for AY 2020 Fall Semester will be held online (via Zoom)
Advising Session Schedule (AY 2020 Fall Semester)
The advising sessions scheduled for the fall semester are as follows:
※Session content and timing of the advising sessions are subject to change.
※Details of the advising sessions will be posted as they become available.
Scheduled Advising Sessions for Fall Semester:
- Stress Management Session (October)
- Goal Setting (November)
- Time Management Session (December)
Images from previous (in-person) Advising Sessions
AY 2019 FA Jumonji Cafe
AY 2019 FA MBTI Session