～To all March 2020 Graduates, and those planning to graduate in September 2020～
Due to the current situation caused by the spread of the novel coronavirus, it has been decided that the graduation ceremony scheduled for Friday, September 18 will be held online only via Zoom and livestreaming. The in-person degree conferral ceremony has been cancelled.
We understand that this may be very disappointing news for all of the students who were looking forward to participating in the ceremony in-person, but we ask for your understanding and cooperation.
It is still possible for students who applied to attend the in-person ceremony to instead participate via Zoom. If you wish to apply, please the email from the university titled [(Important) September 2020 Fall Graduation Ceremony Zoom Pre-Registration] and follow the instructions to register.
Since the founding of APU, this is the first time we have attempted to open our degree conferral ceremony to the world online.
If you wish to participate via Zoom, your face may appear on the screen during the ceremony. We hope that everyone will enthusiastically participate and help make everyone feel connected and excited about the ceremony.
In addition, we have designed the content of the ceremony so it can be enjoyed from anywhere.
We are really looking forward to celebrating this special day with you all.
- You must apply in advance to participate via Zoom.
※Please see 2-③ Applying in Advance for details.
- Only March or September 2020 graduates are eligible to participate via Zoom.
- As in previous years, the ceremony will also be streamed on Facebook Live and YouTube Live.
- If you participate in the Zoom ceremony your face may be shown on the stream during the ceremony. If you do not wish to appear, please turn off your video or enjoy the stream instead.
- All dates and times shown on this website are in Japan Standard Time.
1. Sending of Diplomas / Ceremony Attendance
September graduates’ diplomas will all be sent via postal mail. Even if you come to campus ahead of time you will not be able to receive your diploma.
〇Delivery Address: Please fill out the survey in the “[IMPORTANT] September 2020 Degree Conferral Ceremony and Sending of Diplomas” email sent to your APU Email address on Tuesday, August 4 (including attendance).
〇Survey Deadline: Monday, August 17, noon *Survey deadline has passed*survey period has ended
〇Diplomas mailed out: in order Starting Friday, September 18
- Diplomas will be sent out registered delivery, so please take extra care to ensure the name and address entered in the survey are correct.
- If the survey is not submitted by the deadline you will be responsible for paying the delivery fees for your diploma. Late applications are accepted via a separate survey, details available HERE.
- The delivery date may vary based on country / region of residence.
① Delivery Method
- Diplomas will be shipped to addresses in Japan via JP Post, and to addresses overseas via DHL.
- The university will be responsible for paying all shipping fees.
② Items to be Shipped
- Diploma (1 copy)
- Certificate of Graduation / Completion – English and Japanese (2 copies each)
- Transcript – English and Japanese (2 copies each)
- Graduation Souvenir
- Certificate of Division /Specialization – English and Japanese (2 copies each)
※Graduate students only, limited to those who meet the requirements
③ For those who need 3+ copies of their Certificate of Graduation / Completion:
Please read the information HERE and submit your application.
※Additional certificates will be shipped separately from the diploma.
※Requires a separate certificate fee of 300 JPY per copy and shipping fees.
2. Details of Degree Conferral Ceremony
- Friday, September 18, 2020 15:00 – 15:30 (Scheduled end)
② How to Participate
A. Participation via Zoom (Online) (Open to: March and September Graduates)
After Thursday, August 20 the university will send out a Zoom registration email, so please complete your registration by Monday, August 31. Those who register by the deadline will receive an email by Thursday, September 3 containing the URL invitation to the degree conferral ceremony.
※If the invitation email does not arrive by Friday, September 4 please contact us at email@example.com.
B. Livestreaming (Facebook Live / YouTube Live) (Open to: All)
Zoom pre-registration not required.
③ Applying in Advance (March graduates participating via Zoom)
Please fill out the survey below to apply.
Survey URL: *survey period has ended
Deadline: Monday, August 17, noon
*For security reasons, prior registration is required. Details are available in the survey, so please read it carefully before responding.
④ Special Website for Graduates
- Will open on Tuesday, September 1, 2020. Thank you for your patience.
Academic Achievement Award and Undergraduate/Graduate Theses Award Recipients
These students will have their names listed on the special website for graduates.
The award certificates will be sent via postal mail to recipients, along with their diplomas
Honors Program (HPGC) Graduates
The Student Office will notify the applicable students. These students will have their names listed on the special website for graduates.
Procedure Checklist for Graduating Students
After graduation you must carry out various procedures before leaving Beppu. Please make sure you have enough time to complete them. Click HERE for details. (Student Office Website)
Other Important Information
- If you will participate via Zoom, please wear APU-colored red clothes (if you have them) to help promote a sense of unity in the venue. We appreciate your cooperation.
- Your name will be printed on your diploma as shown in the university’s student records. If you wish to change the name, please apply through the Student Office by 16:30 on Monday, August 31. We are unable to accommodate requests sent after this time.
Co-Op Refund Desk
- APU Account After Graduation
- Company Letter of Acceptance (Career Office Website)
- Requesting Certificates/Transcripts (APU Official Website)
Graduation Ceremony Office Contact:
TEL： 0977-78-1101 ／FAX： 0977-78-1102