International Students who are Scheduled to Graduate
International students who require an invitation letter in order for their family members to obtain a VISA to come to Japan to attend the Graduation Ceremony should apply for the letter via the survey link below:apply
※The survey will be available starting in late May (for the September graduation ceremony) and from late November (for the March graduation ceremony).
Please follow the procedures below to receive your letter.
To Receive Items at APU in Person
Please bring your student ID or other photo ID to the Academic Office.
To Receive Items at APU by Proxy
In order for a proxy (including family member or financial sponsor) to collect these items on your behalf, the following 3 documents are required.
- Letter of proxy (including a dated, personal signature from the certificate's owner)
- Copy of the graduate's student ID or photo ID
- Copy of the proxy's photo ID (or original photo ID at the counter)
- APU cannot act as the guarantor for visa applications.
- The letter will be issued 4 business days (excluding weekends, national holidays, and office closure periods.) from the date of application. Please give yourself plenty of time to apply.
- You can apply for up to 5 letters for each language.
- Please consult the website for the Embassy of Japan in your country to determine which documents are required to apply for a VISA.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs website: http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/index.html