※September 2020 graduates, click HERE
For students who graduated in March 2020 or earlier and have yet to receive their diplomas, please follow the procedures below to receive your diploma.
To Receive Items at APU in Person
Please contact us by email ahead of time to arrange a time, then bring your Student ID or other Photo ID and come to the Academic Office counter.
To Receive Items at APU by Proxy
In order for a proxy (including family member or financial sponsor) to collect these items on your behalf, the following 3 documents are required.
- Letter of Attorney (including a dated, personal signature from the certificate's owner)
- Copy of the graduate's student ID or photo ID
- Copy of the proxy's photo ID (or original photo ID at the counter)
To Receive Items by Post
To Send the Diploma Only
Please apply by the following URL (survey).https://survey2.apu.ac.jp/limesurvey/index.php/135296?newtest=Y&lang=en
Your diploma will be sent on Wednesday the week after you applied. Please give yourself a plenty of time.
For alumni who graduated after March 2014, together with your diploma at no additional charge we will include English and Japanese copies of your official transcript and your certificate of graduation (1 copy in each language). If you require additional certificates, please apply by the above survey.
- Items sent to addresses within Japan will be sent cash-on-delivery (COD) by courier service.
Items sent to addresses overseas will be sent by EMS. Please refer to the following list for the EMS rates.
Undergraduate 1,820 2,540 2,800 3,420 Graduate 2,700 3,700 4,100 5,700
- Please click the following link for a list of Countries and Areas of EMS. Please consult the Academic Office for sending your diploma to the countries and areas which are not on a list of Countries and Areas of EMS. https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/ems/country/all_en.html
- If your proxy pays, please submit the Letter of Proxy.
How to pay for the Domestic Postal Charge (in case of needing additional certificates) or for the Postal Charges to Overseas
Payment can be made using one of the three following methods. Cash is not accepted.
Please note that you must apply by survey to receive your diploma by post.
①Paying by Certificate Stamp
Please purchase a Certificate Stamp from an Automatic Certificate Dispenser (a Student ID card or IC card from the Co-op is required) and submit it to Academic Office. ②Paying by credit card can be made through an external third-party payment website. (The payment website can be found at this link (Disco Inc.) )
*There is an additional 500 yen transaction fee when paying by credit card.
*When payment is complete, you will receive a confirmation email with “[Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University - payment] Notice of Completion of Payment” in the subject line. Please enter the confirmation code to the survey.
Graduation Ceremony Officer, Academic Office