"Transfer within the University" is a system whereby an APU student,scheduled to proceed to the 2nd or 3rd year level, transfers from the College in which they are currently studying to another College within the University. As a general rule, transfer from a college is only available when there are openings in the other College.
|Transfer from AY 2020 Fall Semester||Transfer from AY 2021 Spring Semester|
|Application Materials Available||Early June 2020||Late November 2020|
|Application Period||Mon. June 15 - Fri. June 19, 2020||Mon. November 30 - Fri. December 4, 2020|
|Interviews||Mon. June 29 - Fri. July 3, 2020||Tue. January 12 - Fri. January 15, 2021|
|Results Announced||Mon. September 14, 2020||Mon. March 15, 2021|
|Procedure Deadline||Mid September, 2020||Late March, 2021|
|Effective Date of Transfer||Mon. September 21, 2020||Thu. April 1, 2021|
Application and Screening
- When moving to 2nd year: Apply during 2nd semester
- When moving to 3rd year: Apply during 4th semester
- Transfers at the 2nd year level (2nd semester students): Students must obtain at least 30 credits by the end of their first year of study and maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.50.
- Transfers at the 3rd year level (4th semester students): Students must obtain at least 60 credits by the end of their second year of study and maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.50.
- Please note that Accelerated Program students cannot apply for transfer at the 3rd year level.
After completing document screening, there will be an interview held, after which the faculty council will determine whether or not to approve the transfer.
Credit received in your college prior to transfer will be evaluated by the Division of Academic Affairs and transferred. In the new college, the major subject credits from the previous college will be treated as "credits from another college" (with certain exceptions).
- Once the college transfer has been approved please complete the required procedures within the allowed time. If these procedures are not completed, you will be expelled from the university.