About JASSO (Japan Student Services Organization) Student Exchange Support Program (Scholarship For Short-Term Study In Japan)
1. Outline for JASSO Student Exchange Support Program (Scholarship For Short-Term Study In Japan)
This scholarship is available for qualified international students accepted by Japanese universities under the student exchange agreement on a short-term basis from three months to one year, and is designed to support them for learning and living in Japan.
Students must have enough funds to cover the cost of entire stay because a limited number of students are awarded this scholarship every year.
2. Scholarship Content
Monthly stipend: 80,000 yen per month
* No need to be repaid when you satisfy all requirements listed on 7. After Being Accepted.
3. Nomination of Candidates
APU selects a limited number of qualified nominees in accordance to the JASSO Scholarship screening requirements.
4. Eligibility Requirements
- Students must not receive any grant type scholarship more than 80,00yen monthly during the exchange study at APU.
- Students must transfer credits (minimum 1 class) taken at APU during the exchange program at APU.
JASSO Scholarship application must be submitted with the exchange program applications by the deadline. No late submissions will be accepted.
6. Result Notification
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS will be notified once the result is received from JASSO.
7. After Being Accepted
- During the accepted period, your scholarship will be deposited to your Japanese bank account once a month. (Please note that if you wish to shorten your study period, your monthly payment will be limited to that period.)
- It is a requirement to visit the Academic Office in the beginning of every month to sign your name on the form in order to confirm your enrollment.
- A report (designated A4 form with your original signature) and a survey must be submitted at the end of your study period about your learning achievements.
- A copy of official academic transcript after the credits transfer completion from APU must be submitted.
*If you fail to meet above requirements, we may ask you to return scholarship even after you received.