The AMC (Analytics and Math Center) aims to help APU students improve their analytics and math skills in either English or Japanese. We offer support for Fundamental Mathematics, Business Mathematics, Advanced Mathematics, and Statistics classes and homework.
At the AMC, students can get one-on-one individualized instruction with one of our trained tutors. If you ever have any of the following problems, please visit us for assistance!
“I don’t understand something from class!”
“I need help with my math homework!”
■AMC Usage Policy
The AMC English booth accepts requests for tutoring and homework help for the following classes: Fundamental Mathematics, Business Mathematics, Advanced Mathematics, and Statistics.
Use of the AMC English booth is limited to questions about math classes held in English ONLY.
Be sure to bring your textbook, notebooks, calculator, and anything else you might need.
Complete your homework in advance and prepare specific questions for tutors.
Tutors will not do a student's homework with them at the booth, or help with every question.
- Only one session reservation per student per day. However, additional walk-in sessions are possible.
When students make reservations and fail to show up they prevent other students from signing up and thus using the service.
If you have 2 no-shows you will not be allowed to sign up for any more sessions at the AMC this semester.
Don't be late for your reservations.
If you are more than 5 minutes late for your reservation it will be marked as a no-show.
- Don't use your cell phone or smartphone while at the AMC.
- We will not be held accountable for your grades.
The AMC may record sessions with visitors and make copies of documents in order to improve the quality of our sessions.
We will not share any of your personal information. If you do not agree to this, please let the tutor know before your session begins.
2019 Spring Semester AMC Hours
- April 8, 2019 - May 24, 2019
- June 5, 2019 - July 23, 2019
The AMC will be closed during the final exam and quarter break.
※Please be aware, the session schedule might change without notice.【English】
How to Use the AMC
- If you wish to use the AMC, please check the above AMC Hours and make a reservation from the link below.
Please click here for the AMC Reservation Page.
※Reservations can be made up to the day before your requested appointment time.
If you don’t have a reservation but wish to use the AMC today, please check “Today’s Available Walk-In Sessions” on the reservation page.
※Walk-in sessions will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please bring your textbook, notebooks, calculator, and anything else you might need to the AMC booth.
- At the beginning of your session, please fill in the session sheet. Then, start your session!
Library, 1st floor, next to the Reference Counter