An excellent way to learn more about a company or industry is to contact the alumni of your university or affiliated universities out in the working world. Think about the clubs and activities you participated in and all the friends you made during your time at APU. Most likely, some of your senior classmates entered your target business or industry, and it would be worth your time to seek them out. They can give you advice and firsthand insight that cannot be found in any pamphlet or information session. They can also give you job-hunting advice in general and share their experiences with you. Use the APU alumni networks to your advantage during your job hunting.
It often takes some effort to find alumni working in your field of interest. Please check the Job Hunting Handbook for some tips on contacting alumni.
Searching for Alumni
- Ask friends and family if they know of anyone
- Ask senior classmates in your seminar class, club or circle
- Ask APU professors and staff
- Contact companies you are interested in and ask
- On the website of the 'Alumni Database' of the APU Student & Alumni Association, find alumni using the function 'Member Search'
APU Student & Alumni Association 'Alumni Database'
You can search for alumni by using 'Member Search' function on the APU Student & Alumni Association website. You need to register first, before using 'Member Search' function. Please check the 'Alumni Database' on the APU Student & Alumni Association website, and make registration first.
APU Student & Alumni Association
NB: external link