Friday, September 18, 2020 15:00 - 15:30 (Doors open at 14:00)
Online via the Zoom meeting platform.
The September 2020 Graduation Ceremony will be conducted both online via the Zoom meeting platform as well as in-person at the B-Con Plaza Convention Hall in Beppu. Advance registration is required to attend the ceremony in Beppu.
B-con Plaza Convention Hall
Beppu City, Yamanote Cho, 12-1
- The B-Con Plaza Convention Hall is located an approximate 20 minute walk from JR Beppu Station, or about five minutes by bus.
- Guests are encouraged to use public transportation.
- For information about and directions to B-Con Plaza:
(This link will open an external website.)
- Holding of the Graduation Ceremony:
The September 2020 Graduation Ceremony will be a joint ceremony celebrating students graduating in September 2020 and students who were scheduled to graduate in March 2020.
Because many graduating students will be unable to enter Japan or come to the university because of the current situation with the global COVID-19 pandemic, and because of the need to avoid the "three Cs" (closed spaces, crowded places, and close-contact settings) as much as possible, the graduation will be conducted mainly online using the Zoom meeting platform.
- Because of the changing situation regarding the COVID-19 pandemic in Japan and around the world, this event is subject to change. In particular, the in-person portion of this event may be subject to cancellation.
- For further details regarding application for and postage of diplomas and other certificates, and ceremonies for graduates, please visit the Academic Office webpage.
- Diplomas for September graduates will be sent out by post after Friday, September 18.
- This will be a joint graduation ceremony for undergraduate and graduate students scheduled to graduate in March and September 2020.
- Only March and September 2020 graduates who strongly wish to attend the ceremony in person may do so. Advance registration is required.
- In order to avoid the "three Cs" (closed spaces, crowded places, and close-contact settings), guardians, current students, and guests will not be allowed to attend the in-person the ceremony in Beppu. The graduation ceremony will be broadcast live on Facebook and YouTube for family and friends who wish to tune in and celebrate this special occasion.