To students who intend to take APM/GSM courses:
This link presents a table called "Curriculum Alignment Matrices" (CAM). CAM is a list that enables you to overview student's learning expected for each course in the broader context of the APM/GSM's respective degree programs. The table presented here shows only the courses belonging to the specialist area of the course you have chosen.
APM and GSM are accredited by AACSB (Associate to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (http://aacsb.edu/ ) - an internationally recognized organization evaluating the business schools. CAM has been developed for "Assurance of Learning", one of AACSB's accreditation standards. The whole AOL process involves assessing how sufficiently the academic missions stated by a university, its undergraduate college and graduate school are achieved and improving student's learning according to the assessment results.
Enlisted in the upper columns of the CAM are four Learning Objectives and several Learning Objectives aligning with each Learning Objective. They were both developed in alignment with Declaration of the Occasion of the Opening of APU, and the Missions of APM and GSM. The Learning Goals indicate the ideal conditions that the APU’s business unit (APM/GSM) hopes students to achieve by the time they complete the degrees. The Learning Objectives further clarify more specific abilities that the business unit hopes students to acquire. The AOL assesses only the latter.
APM Learning Goals / Learning Objectives
- 1. Understand "Business Ethics" theory
- Identify basic theories and principles of business ethics.
- Illustrate the significance of business ethics.
- Analyze ethical problems and propose a solution.
- 2. Obtain the "Fundamental Knowledge of Discipline"
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic business concepts.
- Demonstrate a satisfactory level of writing and presentation skills.
- Apply appropriate analytical tools (qualitative and/or quantitative) to examine business problems.
- To demonstrate problem solving skills.
- 3. Learn "Intercultural Communication Skills"
- Demonstrate understanding of the impact of culture on communication behaviors.
- Communicate effectively in a multicultural setting.
- Demonstrate competency in at least one second language.
- 4. Acquire "Global Perspectives" in business management
- Demonstrate understanding of the impact of globalization.
- Give examples of how business environments differ across countries.
- Recognize global issues in business management.
Curriculum Alignment Matrices (CAM)
Please refer to the CAM linked on each syllabus in order to know what kind of knowledge and ability each course enable you to acquire when you plan your course registration.
- Automatically Registered Subject
- Core Subject
- Accounting & Finance
- Strategic Management & Organization
- Innovation & Economics
APM/GSM Dean, OTAKE Toshitsugu
Contact: AACSB Secretariat (Office of the President) email@example.com