To students who intend to take APS/GSA courses:
This link presents a table called "Curriculum Alignment Matrices" (CAM). CAM is a list that enables you to overview student's learning expected for each course in the broader context of the APS/GSA's respective degree programs and has been developed for "Assurance of Learning". The table presented here shows only the courses belonging to the specialist area of the course you have chosen. The whole AOL process involves assessing how sufficiently the academic missions stated by a university, its undergraduate college and graduate school are achieved and improving student's learning according to the assessment results.
Enlisted in the upper columns of the CAM are three Learning Objectives and several Learning Objectives aligning with each Learning Objective. They were both developed in alignment with Declaration of the Occasion of the Opening of APU, and the Missions of APS and GSA. The Learning Goals indicate the ideal conditions that the APU’s business unit (APS/GSA) hopes students to achieve by the time they complete the degrees. The Learning Objectives further clarify more specific abilities that the business unit hopes students to acquire. The AOL assesses only the latter.
GSA Learning Goals / Learning Objectives
- 1. Broad knowledge and understanding of the various issues facing the Asia Pacific region
- Understand important social science issues involving the Asia Pacific Region.
- Understand differences between issues of the Asia Pacific Region and other regions.
- 2. Advanced knowledge of discipline
- Understand the theories important for the discipline being studied
- Understand the current important areas for research in the discipline.
- Apply theories using standard methodologies and current analytical tools.
- 3. Global perspectives
- Understand interdisciplinary theories involving the Asia Pacific region and how the region interacts with other regions.
- Understand critical perspectives of the Asia Pacific region from a global view.
Curriculum Alignment Matrices (CAM)
Please refer to the CAM linked on each syllabus in order to know what kind of knowledge and ability each course enable you to acquire when you plan your course registration.
APM/GSM Dean, LI Yan