Welcome to APU!
The facilities on our campus can be viewed externally as you like. (For a group visit of 10 or more people, an advance booking is required. To make a booking, visit the APU Campus Visit booking request website). Please remember that you are asked not to enter or observe inside of university buildings or classrooms because they are places of study and student’s activities.
Cafeteria (Building E, Student Union) and Co-op shop (Building EII, Student Union II) are available to visitors.
Click here to view the Campus Map
Campus Visit Schedule
Our campus is open to visitors from 10:30 to 17:30 daily except for the dates listed below.
- Regular examination periods (in late May, from late July to early August, in late November, and from late January to early February)
- While entering the campus is restricted due to the university entrance examination
- Summer holidays (in mid-August)
- Winter holidays (from late December to early January)
* During the other dates specified above, campus visits may subject to be unavailable according to the circumstances.
According to your purpose of visit, select and see the best-suited article below.
1. APU Campus Visit (for groups of more than 10 people)
Advance booking is required for groups of more than 10 people.
You can also experience an exchange meeting with APU students and have meals at Cafeteria upon request.
* For groups with fewer than 10 people, no booking is required.
1-1. Self-guided tour (* Advance booking is required)
- Available time: 10:30 to 17:30
- Guides will not be accompanied
- You are asked not to enter university buildings or classrooms because they are places of study and student’s activities. Cafeteria and Co-op shop are available to visitors except for the durations listed in “Days Closed”.
1-2. Exchanges with APU students (10:40 to 11:30) + Self-guided tour (11:30 to 17:30) (*Booking is required).
- You are asked to plan what you would like to do or talk with our students during an exchange meeting and who will preside at the meeting before you come to APU.
- Our students do not offer you a plan for exchange meeting or preside at a meeting.
- No guide is accompanied.
* Before you take part in an exchange meeting with APU students, be sure to read “Exchange Meeting with APU Students and Important Information” (← click the title and download it to your computer) (Japanese only).
2. How to make a booking of Campus Visit
Please visit the APU Campus Visit booking request” website and fill out an application form by clicking here (Japanese only).
* To make an application, choose one of the available days marked with a circle through the website. Applications cannot be accepted on the days with X since it is fully-booked, unavailable, or due to other reasons.
3. Lunch at Cafeteria
Lunch at the APU’s Cafeteria is available during your stay (actual expenses for meals will be charged).
For groups of more than 10 people, an advance booking is required. Please visit the APU Campus Visit booking request website and fill out an application form described in 1-2.
* Depending on the number of people, we may decline to accept visitors at Cafeteria.
* It is advisable to use APU’s Cafeteria before noon on business days to avoid busy hours.
* Do not bring food or lunch boxes to Cafeteria.
(Except for persons with food allergy)
4. Important Information
- For a group visit of 10 or more people, we accept at a maximum of one group a day.
- We ask for your understanding in advance that our university offers no courses or classes open to visitors.
（For teachers of high-schools and for persons who are thinking of taking the university entrance examination of APU, see 3.）
2. Visitation to APU by Concerned Parties of Colleges, Universities, and other Institutions for Higher Education.
Orientations for our university will be held according to the schedule below.
(1) Orientation Schedule, 2018
The 1st orientation: Friday, May 18, 13:00 to16:00
＜Application deadline: Tuesday, May 8＞
The 2nd orientation: Friday, July 13, 13:00 to 16:00
＜Application deadline: Tuesday, June 26＞
The 3rd orientation, Friday, October 19, 13:00 to 16:00
＜Application deadline: Tuesday, October 9＞
The 4th orientation: Friday, December 7, 13:00 to 16:00
＜Application deadline: Tuesday, November 27＞
* You are asked to understand that we put limitations on the number of attendees up to 4 persons per institution so that more parties can participate in the orientation.
12:55 Meeting time
13:00 to 13:45 Explanation of the general outline of APU
13:45 to 14:30 Answers to the questions received from institutions prior to the orientation.
14:30 to 14:40 Intermission
14:40 to 16:00 Campus tour (Library, Self-Access Learning Center, Cafeteria, Co-op shop, and AP House)
(3) How to make a booking of Campus Visit
Please visit the College and University Booking Request website by clicking here, and fill out an application form.
3. High-School Teachers and Prospective Students of APU
For teachers of high-schools and students who are thinking of taking the university entrance examination and wish to visit our campus, please call us.
APU Admission’s Office / Phone: +81-977-78-1120
Besides campus visits, we offer other events, such as Open Campus, for those who are considering to take the entrance examination of APU. For more information, please visit the admissions website.
4. Important Information
- We appreciate your bookings early on since we expect lots of them.
- We are sorry but we cannot accept applications made by intermediary agents including travel agencies. A representative of the group is recommended to submit the application directly to APU at the earliest possible date.
Visit the FAQ website by clicking here. (Japanese only)