In order to support your studies and research activities, the APU library selects and adds to the collection in order to provide a rich learning environment and improve your learning experience. Requests can also be made for the purchase of new materials to add to the APU library collection.
Procedures for Requesting an item
- Books already owned by the APU library cannot be requested. Please check in the RUNNERS OPAC whether the book is already in the collection before submitting the request form. Please also remember that books can be borrowed from other universities via Inter-Library Loan service.
- Whether a book will be purchased or not will be decided by APU Library in accordance with the APU Library Collection Acquisition Policy and Selection Guidelines. Please also understand that books out of print or stock may not be purchased.
- Books or materials costing over 100,000 yen are excluded from this policy. Please make a separate inquiry.
- If your request is approved, please understand that it usually takes around two months before the requested book becomes available.
- If you would like to request for the purchase of a book, please do so via MyLibrary. Once your request has been approved and the book is purchased, you will have priority for borrowing the book upon its arrival. When the book arrives you will be notified by email.