Dictionaries and Encyclopedias
Index and Bibliographies
- English / Other Languages
- ACS Publications [E]
- Archives of Sexuality and Gender [E]
- Bibliography of Asian Studies online
- Cambridge Journals [E]
- China National Knowledge Infrastructure (CNKI) [C]
- EBSCOhost [M]
- EDS Journal Search [M]
- e-Library (World Bank Online) [E]
- Emerald [E]
- JSTOR [E]
- Korean Academic e-journal(KISS) [J・E]
- National Geographic Magazine Archive from 1888 [E]
- Oxford Journals [E]
- ProQuest [E]
- PubMed [E]
- Taylor & Francis Social Science & Humanities (SSH) Library [E]
- SAGE Humanities and Social Science Package [E]
- ScienceDirect [E]
- Science Online Version [E]
- Web of Science [E]
- Governance and Parliamentary materials
Statistics and Data
Companies and Business Cases
- Researchers at APU and Ritsumeikan Univ.
- ACS Publications
- You can receive full text-access to 47 ACS (American Chemical Society) journals.
- Anthropological Index Online
- The Anthropological Index Online, published by the Royal Anthropological Institute.. Entries are compiled from more than 750 journals in all areas of anthropology and archaeology received in the Department of Ethnography library.Leads to citations to books, book reviews, and journal articles.
- Archives of Sexuality and Gender
- This database is the largest collection available in support of the study of gender and sexuality, enabling scholars to make new connections in LGBTQ history and activism, cultural studies, psychology, health, political science, policy studies, and other related areas of research.
- Bibliography of Asian Studies online
- This on-line version of BAS references western-language fesrschriften, magazine articles, conference proceedings and other print media on topics relating to all parts of Asia since 1971. BAS discontinued its printed publications in on-line access in 1991.
- Business Archives Online
- This online service provides useful basic information on Japanese corporate business activities in the modern era. Users can browse 160,000 management reports from 10,000 companies and 4,000 prospectuses from 2, 000 companies.
- China National Knowledge Infrastructure (CNKI)
- China Academic Journals Database is available in full text. Over 7600 Chinese published journals since 1994 can be searched through. Not only the original domains of literature, history, and philosophy, but since 2006, also includes full text theses in economics, politics, and law as well.
- Chinese Fundamental Classics Selection
- This database includes records of fundamental literature an emperors worksfrom the pre-Qin period to the time China became a republic（the compiled 10,000 titles are roughly 3 times that of the "Siku Quanshu / Imperial Collection of Four"). Free word searches of full texts are also available, including images of ancient printed woodblocks. Of all these titles, 605(titles referenced) are available to be searched through at this University.Please note that some software must be downloaded to use the search engine.
- The Chinese Recorder and the Protestant Missionary Community in China, 1867-1941
- Electronic version of journals on Protestant Missionary work in China. Fulltext searches can be made of articles recorded in the Chinese Recorder andMissionary Journal that continued despite 2 years of suspended publishing until 1941, after (changing its title in 1924 to Chinese Recorder) being created in Fuzhou in 1867 and first published in 1868.
- Cambridge Books Online(CBO)
- Cambridge University Press is one of the largest and most prestigious academic publishers in the world and we are widely respected as a world leader in publishing for functional, fully searchable online environment.Cambridge University Press is one of the largest and most prestigious academic publishers in the world and we are widely respected as a world leader in publishing for subjects as diverse as astronomy, Shakespeare studies, economics, mathematics and politics.Cambridge Books Online offers predefined or bespoke collections of content within a richlyfunctional, fully searchable online environment.subjects as diverse as astronomy, Shakespeare studies, economics, mathematics and politics.Cambridge Books Online offers predefined or bespoke collections of content within a richly
- Cambridge Histories Online
- Online version of the Cambridge Histories series. Users can browse over 290 titles across 15 academic subjects, including American history, British history, economic history, the history of science, and various regional histories (Japan, China, India and more).
- Cambridge Journals
- Users can access the full texts of approximately 270 titles published by the Cambridge University Press since 1996.
- The Complete Database for Japanese Magazine and Periodicals
- This is a database of Japanese magazine articles published from the early Meiji period to the present day, including articles published in Japan's former colonies. It includes both national and regional general-interest magazines.
- CiNii Articles
- It is possible to search among 6,900,000 articles from Japanese magazines. Furthermore, in addition to 2,500,000 full-text articles from scholarly journals, some research bulletins can also be accessed in full-text form. It is also possible to search cited references.
- The Chicago Manual of Style Online
- The Chicago Manual of Style Online Completely searchable and easy to use, The Chicago Manual of Style Online provides recommendations on editorial style and publishing practices for the digital age. Now offering the full contents of the 16th and 15th editions, it is the must-have reference for everyone who works with words.
- Dazai Osamu Manuscripts Online help
- Includes manuscripts and first publications by Dazai(1909-1948) along with personal diaries and notebooks from his school days.
- DSI's Campus Solution Statistics
A database of Statistical Office of the European Communities (EUROSTAT) data provided by Data Service & Information Inc.
This database covers EU statistics such as EurostatStatistics and Comext and well as statistics from the OECD, IMF, UNIDO and the German Federal Statistical Office.
- Digital National Security Archive
- With this service, users can browse all 36 collections of primary resources on contemporary U.S. national security stored in the National Security Archive.Title List.
- DIAMOND Harvard Business Review
- Harvard Business Review is the leading destination for smart management thinking.
Through its flagship magazine, Harvard Business Review provides professionals around the world with rigorous insights and best practices to lead themselves and their organizations more effectively and to make a positive impact.
At Keiyou Digital Library (Keiyou Digital Solution), you can search, browse, download (PDF format) & print out digitized contents of the Harvard Business Review Japan.
- Eighteenth Century Collections Online (ECCO)
- This collection of eighteenth century books contains every significant English-language and foreign-language title printed in the United Kingdom between the years 1701 and 1800 - 185,000 printed works comprising more than 33 million scanned facsimile pages. While the majority of works in ECCO are in the English language, researchers will also discover a rich vein of works printed in Dutch, French, German, Italian, Latin, Spanish and Welsh. Full-text searching across all 33 million pages enables users to explore a vast range of books and directories, Bibles, sheet music, sermons, advertisements, and works by both celebrated and lesser-known authors.
- It is a database which provide global markets information relating to all around the world and regions, various industries and consumer behaviors. It provides information needed to frame a business strategy; market trends and future prediction of the market which may affect the business, and movements of the competing companies.
- Elgar online
- The online content platform for Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Searches across multiple databases and on various theses and periodical fields can be made. You can also use "Academic Search Premier" for an expansive look through over 8000 different journal divisions. There is also specific areas, like "Business Source Premier" for finance and administration content, and much more.
- EBSCO eBook Collection
- eBook Collection is a vast collection of eBooks provided by various libraries and institutions all over the world. An eBook is the electronic version of the print media.
- EDMC Databank
- Domestic and international energy supply and demand, energy associated indicators, energy prices, and many more types of data, including politics related documents can be viewed.
- e-Library (World Bank Online)
- e-Library (World Bank Online) offers users access to over 4,000 publications, reports and other texts issues by the World Bank since 1987. Full texts are available in PDF format.
- Emerald is a collection of over 42,000 articles from over 100 of the most prestigious management journals, complete with full text archives dating back to 1994 and abstracts back to 1989, depending on the title. Emerald Fulltext provides you with access to the full text of the latest research in management, economics and finance related areas.
- Empire Online
- This is a collection of nearly 5 centuries of materials on empires and colonial rule from Columbus’ time until the present. Materials including diaries, letters, periodicals, travelogues, voyage logs, novels, plays, exhibition records, and missionary materials allow for wide-ranging research on both imperialistic and anti-imperialistic nations. Users can search and reference original materials held by libraries and document archives throughout the world.
- The eol archive contains all the Yuhos for every publicly traded company (more than 3,500 firms) and roughly 1,000 privately-held companies in Japan. In addition, it can scan a wide variety of irregular filings, addenda, corrections, and other disclosure documents, plus information on all recent IPOs.
- EDS Journal Search
- You can search approximately 100,000 academic journals over a wide range of fields and access about 40,000,000 full-text treatise.
- European Colonialism in the Early 20th Century: German Colonies in Asia and the Pacific: From Colonialism to Japanese Mandates, 1910-1929
- The contents are about Japanese mandates of colonies of the former eastern territory of Germany during the World War I
- Financial Times
This is the digital database for The economic newspaper "Financial Times." You can search all articles printed since 2004.
It is updated every 24 hours, and contains about 40% more information than the printed edition.
You can access the U.K. ediiton, the European edition, the U.S. edition, and the Asian edition.
You can register to access the database from APU's network using your APU mail address (@apu.ac.jp).
- Global Trade Atlas
- Global Trade Atlas is a trade data system which you can use online, and it provides you unique information of merchandise trade statistics from the world. Because of this, users can check the world trade flow of the product they are interested, using the newest export/import data collected from over 65 countries’ official origin sources.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- You can search and view electronic dictionaries and other e-books.
- Gale Business Insight: Global
- Gale Business Insights: Global combines an international perspective and sophisticated research tools with convenient access to comprehensive learning materials.
- Hein Online
HeinOnline is a premier online database containing more than 145 million pages and 140,000 titles of legal history and government documents in a fully searchable, image-based format. HeinOnline bridges the gap in historical research by providing comprehensive coverage from inception of more than 2,300 law-related periodicals. In addition to its vast collection of law journals,HeinOnline contains the entire Congressional Record, Federal Register, and Code of Federal Regulations,complete coverage of the U.S. Reports back to 1754, and entire databases dedicated to treaties, constitutions,case law, world trials, classic treatises, international trade, foreign relations, U.S. Presidents, and much more.
「Foreign & International Law Resources Database (FILRD)」 Unique contents which can correspond to the evolution of the international law field. Users can access and check various important documents of International law. The documents varies from publications of American Society of International Law, to world famous yearbooks such as Hague Permanent Court of International Justice.
- House of Commons Parliamentary Papers
- This database contains full-text parliamentary documents such as bills,legislative dossiers, command papers, and committee reports presented or issued by the House of Commons in the 19th and 20th centuries.
- 18C House of Commons Parliamentary Papers
- Users can browse several million pages of sessional papers from the English Parliament for the years 1660 to 1834 (official publications of the House of Commons and House Lords, minutes, personal records, journals etc.). You can view 19th and 20th century English Parliamentary Papers here.
- History of Japan's Trade and Industry Policy Online
- Contains approximately 8200 booklets of collected material on the history of trade, commerce, and industry policy of Japan transferred from the Research Institute of Economy,
Trade and Industry (RIETI) to the Tsukuba Annex of the National Archives of Japan in September 2012 that have only now been declassified after quarter of a century
- IMF eLibrary Data
- This database contains time series data from 1948. It reports current data needed in the analysis of problems of international payments and of inflation and deflation, i.e., data on exchange rates, international liquidity, international banking, money and banking, interest rates, prices, production, international transactions, government accounts, and national accounts.
- Infobase Publishing eBook
- The eBook package "Current Affairs" is available in Infobase Learning eBook Collections.The package offers 128 titles.
- JapanKnowledge Lib
- Cross-search through many media, such as encyclopedias, business authorities, and many kinds of lexicons, just to name a few.
- Journal Citation Reports
- Searching for a scientific journal's priority (impact factor) is possible.
- JSTOR is a comprehensive collection of e-journals. The database contains hundreds of journals. You can access full text PDF versions of the articles and decades of back numbers for most publications.
- Kikuzo II visual
- News articles from the Asahi Shimbun, dating back to the first issue(1879), can be searched. Page layout and clippings can also be displayed. Modern term dictionary「Chiezo」, AERA（from the first issue), Asahi Weekly（from April 2000）and the「Personality Database」can also be used to obtain the latest information on prominent figures from various fields.
KinoDen, Kinokuniya Digital Library is a cloud-based platform offering academic Japanese eBooks.
- Full text search function for all titles including unpurchased titles.
- Almost all titles have a preview file for a library user’s inspection.
- Responsive web design for PCs, smartphones and tablets.
- Kagakusyo shiryokan
- Conduct general searches and view full texts of reference works in the field of chemistry, including guides to chemistry, lectures on experimental chemistry, dictionaries of standard chemical terminology, etc.
- Kusuda Collection: Sato Eisaku Papers
- Primary documents from the highest level of government of the Sato Administration.
This includes a number of documents classified Top Secret or higher.
- Korean Academic e-journal(KISS)
- You can access full-text articles of 1,300 academic journals published in Korea.
You can also search for the articles written in English and Japanese.
- LexisNexis Academic
This search engine can search through general newspapers and magazines, to business, legal, and medical information,
* When accessing from outside campus, the Japanese interface cannot be used. Please use the following URL to access the English interface:
- The Making of the Modern World Ⅱ
- 4,900 titles of books relating to social science are recorded. Mainly, the economic history, business history and social thoughts history of the period of 1851 to 1914, and periodicals from the same period are recorded. Full-text search is possible.
- You can search issues of the Mainichi Daily news (National, Regional) printed since 1987.
You can also access the weekly economic magazine "Economist", "News Sokuho" which is released every 10 – 20 minutes, and the Mainichi Daily News.
"Maichini News Pack" has become "毎索Maisaku."
- Over 8.5 million journal articles and 590,000 research and scientific papers can be searched, including general and business magazines. Search results can be used to check if the article is currently in stock at the library as well.
- The Making of the Modern World
- The Making of the Modern World is a digital collection of social sciences-related documents which includes more than 61,000 monographs from the last half of the 15th century to the 1850s as well as serials from the same period, and focuses on the history of economics, business and social thought. Full-text search is available.
- Mergent Online North American Version
- A database of corporate and financial information for North American companies. Information includes corporate overviews, company histories, assets, dividends, executives, bond credit ratings, annual reports and financial statements.
- MEL(Maruzen eBook Library)
- Maruzen eBook Library is the platform specializing in scholastic ebooks for educational organizations.
- Medical Online
- A comprehensive website offering medical information for those in the medical field.
You can search for medical information published in journals in Japan. Available for all fields including medicine, dentistry, pharmacology, nursing, medical technology, nutrition, hygiene and health, etc.
Documents and be viewed and downloaded immediately. (Fee-based.)
- National Geographic Magazine Archive from 1888
- National Geographic Magazine is available in full text with full colour photos from the first issue starting in October 1988 through to the December 1994 issues.
- Nikkei BP
- Full text versions of articles from approximately 40 journals from Nikkei BP, including their backnumbers.
- Nikkei Telecom 21
- Nikkei Telecom 21 is one of Japan's largest online commercial databases. Its major services include full-text search in company information, personnel information, journals and newspaper articles, including the Nihon Keizai Shimbun.
- 19th Century English-Language Journals from the Far East
- It is the digital archive of journal collection which its printed versions were published by missionaries of far eastern areas in 19th century
- NEEDS Information Searching-System for Social-Sciences
- Users may search for and download financial data from companies and financial institutions, domestic and international macroeconomics data, stocks and regional economic numerical data, all provided by Nikkei NEEDS (Nikkei Inc.).Overseas financial data from the U.S. and Asian (China, Singapore) are also available (provided by Mergent, Inc.).
- OECD iLibrary BPS Online
- Online access is possible to all of the books, periodicals, and diagrams (XLS, PDF, HTML formats) published by OECD (Except IES Statistics, iLibrary published by the third party other than OECD; Commonwealth iLibrary and Norden iLibrary.) It is possible to download in CSV format the archives of the annual statistic databases.
- The Oxford Economics Global Economic Databank
The Oxford Economics Global Economic Databank is a comprehensive database of global economic forecasts.This online database contains forecasts for the years 2010 through 2035 for macroeconomic and socioeconomic indicators, financial markets, tourist trends and more. It also houses historical data from 1980 through 2009.Our contract permits access to the following:
・Global Economics: China, Japan
・Global Forecast Databank: China, Japan
- Oxford English Dictionary Online
- Online version of the『Oxford English Dictionary』. You can search the transition of the meaning and use of over 600,000 English words from the mid-11th century until today.
- Oxford Journals
- Full text access to all journals and magazines published by Oxford University press, including back numbers. You can search or browse by title or by subject.
- Prefectural Satistics Online
- Statistic database which have been published since Meiji Era by each prefecture, and contains various articles such as population, agriculture, and industry of each catchment area. Compare to the national basis statistical year book, this database is subdivided, and also the data written only on each prefectural statistical documents are recorded. It is a basic data resource which you can learn socioeconomics, public finance and education from a specific era. The available data to read at APU are from prewar time Showa and postwar time Showa.
- Personal Justice Denied: Public Hearings of the Commission on Wartime Relocation and Internment, 1981
- You can search 5,878 proceedings and reports concerning the Paris Peace Conference held for settling post-World War I disputes.
- This full-text database contains 17,850 journal articles spanning every genre including the humanities, the social sciences and the natural sciences. 11,490 of the articles are full-text versions.
- ProQuest Ebook Central
- ProQuest Ebook Central is an eBook collection provided by ProQuest, which collects e-Books from about 500 publishing companies and is available to search or look over through one platform . The collections from the highly reliable publish companies cover comprehensive various fields and will be added continuously.
- PubMed is a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine that includes over 17 million citations from MEDLINE and other life science journals for biomedical articles back to the 1950s. PubMed includes links to full text articles and other related resources.
- Science Online Version
- This is the on-line version of the well known and scholarly scientific weekly journal.
Approximately 2,000 titles from journals published by Elsevier are available in full text. The following listed titles are able to be browsed in backnumbers dating from 1994. However, backnumber availability varies with each title.
* Physics General（81 titles）
* Public Health and Health Policy(A sub-package of Medicine and Dentistry: 379 titles）
* Cell（6 titles）
* Engineering and Technology（173 titles）
* Materials Science（111 titles）
With this service, users can access the full texts of approximately 1,700 titles published by Springer as well as 320 Open Access periodicals.In 2005, pre-1996 back issues of about 800 titles published by Springer were made available via NII-REO.(http://www.apu.ac.jp/cgi-bin/redirect.cgi?url=http://reo.nii.ac.jp/oja/HtmlIndicate/html/journal/publishers/SUP0000004000.html)
Search a vast range of topics through approximately 15,000 scientific journals. Approximately 1000 titles are available in full text.
- SAGE Business Cases
SAGE Business Cases have 1,800 case studies with teaching notes from SAGE Publishing.
The discipline-wide digital collection covers 16 subjects in business and management such as organization or marketing etc.
It was developed with various help from leading business schools, scholars, practioners around the world in partnering, submitting or peer reviewing cases and advising w ith valuable insight, ba sed upon SAGE's 50+ years of publishing journals or books.
- SAGE Humanities and Social Science Package
Provides access to full text of 565 journals from SAGE Publishing in Humanities and Social Science from 1999 onwards,
more than a half of which are ranked in the 2016 Journal Citation Reports.
- Taylor & Francis Social Science & Humanities (SSH) Library
- Taylor & Francis Social Science & Humanities (SSH) Library provides access to over 1,500 must-have online journals (over 900 with Impact Factor) from Routledge,the pioneering social science and humanities publisher with a broad range of journal content across 14 subject areas.
- Toyo Keizai Digital Contents Library
- “The Weekly Toyo Keizai,” “Hitotsubashi Business Review,” “The Kaisha Shikiho,” etc Information from Toyo Keizai Company’s Economic, Business, and Company Publications can be searched and viewed online via the library’s online database.
- Web of Science
- It can search through the thesis of articles in over 8,500 periodicals based on social and natural sciences, and humanities.Some articles are available in full text, and you can also search through the referenced information in the document as well.
- Wiley Online Library
- Full text of theses from approximately 500 science technology and medical journals published by John Wiley & Sons Incorporated.
- World Bank Online
- This is a statistics database sponsored by the World Bank. Business development related statistical data, such as World Development Indicator (WDI) and Global Development Financing (GDF) reports, are compiled in extensive amounts.
- Yomidasu rekishikan
- Yomidasurekishikan is an Yomiuri Shimbun article database search engine Yomiuri Shimbun provides.