May 13, 2011
The Oita City Industry Activation Plaza Small- and Medium-sized Enterprise Support Lectures will be held "2nd Low Carbon Society Public Lectures: Making Environment Business" as detailed below. Professors from APU’s Asia Pacific Innovation Management Center (AP-IMAC) will give the lectures.
This lecture series will discuss different approaches to stopping global warming, and includes a special lecture on nuclear energy. Participants will consider how to develop business with the environment in mind and increase their environmental awareness. Come learn how business can help the environment!
- Program period:
- Thursday, May 19 – Thursday, July 28. Held every Thursday (some on Friday)
- 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- 30 participants
- 890 yen total for all 11 sessions (covers printed materials)
- Oita City Industry Activation Plaza (Oita-shi, Niagemachi) Seminar Room, 2nd Floor
- Open to:
- Businesses and residents of Oita City; those involved with environmental business, new energy, solar cells, or related business; those considering becoming involved with these fields; anybody interested in environmental problems; or those who just want hands-on experience.
For more detail and apply, please click here.
*This lectures will be held in Japanese.
Apr 12, 2011
In December 2010 and January 2011, two training sessions were held at APU. In December a workshop was held for Guatemalan trainees focusing on local and national industrial development. The following January saw Colombian trainees take part in a workshop about the One Village, One Product movement. These were the first such workshops held at APU for both participating countries and were commissioned by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).
Jan 31, 2011
On Wednesday, January 12, 2011, APU welcomed Ms. KONO Satoko, the president of ARUN, LLC, to give a Social Outreach Seminar under the theme of “Towards a New International Cooperation Scheme: Empowerment through Social Investments and Sustainable Development.”
ARUN is a company that makes social investments and provides both technical and management support to investment companies in developing countries like Cambodia. The word “arun” comes from the Cambodian word for “daybreak.”
Jan 24, 2011
On February 19 an APU Open Lecture will be held to introduce the basics of “Islamic Finance” . The contents will be based on the results of the “Responding to the Needs of the World: Research Promotion Project” financed by MEXT.
Participation is free. However, those who will attend need to register. Please see the link below for the details.
- Date and Time:
- February 19 (Sat) 10:00~11:45 (registration opens at 9:45)
- Oita International House – Exchange Hall
*This lecture will be held in Japanese.