Update Faculty Database (Login screen)
1. APU Faculty Database
APU has developed a faculty database that allows our faculty (APU faculty) to publicize their research activities within Japan and across the world. Making our latest research results and research projects public is useful for developing partnerships with industry, promoting human resource exchange, and advancing collaborative research projects.
The contents of the Faculty Database are not only displayed on APU’s homepage, but also made available to the Japan Science and Technology Agency’s （JST） researchmap. A more detailed explanation of researchmap can be found below. Please refer to it for more information.
Be sure to update your profile regularly so that more of the general public can know about your research activities!
APU Full-time Faculty
*Full-time Faculty includes Professors, Associate Professors, Assistant Professors (including Fixed-term Faculty, Specially-Appointed Faculty), Tenured Senior Lecturers, and Lecturers.
3. Data Entry Procedures
Before inputting information into the database, please refer to the “Faculty Database Instruction Manual.”
This manual explains what to take note of when entering information, the meaning of items to be filled out, limitations in the number of words that can be entered, how to change the privacy level, how to fill out the database, and more.
*Registered information will be made public the next day. Batch processing takes place each day at 2 a.m., after which the information is made available for public viewing.
You can access the Faculty Database from the Campus Terminal. Click on “Faculty & Staff” →”Faculty & Staff Resources”→ “For Faculty”→ and under “Research,” click “Update Faculty Database” . Please enter your APU-Net account name in the box labeled “Login ID” and your APU-Net password in the “Password” box. For specific instructions, please refer to the “Faculty Database Manual.” This can be found on the Campus Terminal’s “For Faculty” page under "Faculty Database.”
*The manual has important points about input information that will be sent to researchmap. Please read this carefully.
Process of Inputting Data:
1. Refer to manual for specific instructions on how to enter data into Database.
2. Input Data will be available to view on the Database the next day.
*Please note that information is not updated instantly.
3. Data in the APU Faculty Database will be provided to researchmap.
4. Faculty's information is updated on the researchmap Homepage.
Research Office: HSIUNG (Mr.)
TEL: 0977-78-1134 (Ext.2522)
Note: Please change the "*" to "@." We are posting our mail with "*" instead of "@" for spam protection
4．Providing Information to researchmap
APU has provided data from the Faculty Database to the Japan Science and Technology Agency’s (JST) researchmap once a year up until now.
- 1. JST: Japan Science and Technology Agency
- Based on the goals of the Basic Law on Science and Technology, the Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST) aims to contribute to the development of science and technology in Japan by implementing various measures.
- 2. What is Researchmap?
Researchmap is a new infrastructure designed to support faculty and the research community. It features tools that allow faculty to release their own home page, a “portal” where they can get support when creating resumes or grant applications, as well as tool to help build a “research community” where faculty connect with other members of their field.
Please refer to https://researchmap.jp/?lang=english for further details.
- 3. Data transfer to researchmap
- With the new Faculty Database released in October, 2019, faculty members are able to transfer their own data to researchmap any time they wish. Please refer to “Transferring to researchmap” in the “APU Faculty Database Instruction Manual”.