Now Recruiting Spring 2021 FLAG Members!
We are currently recruiting students for FLAG (Fellow Advisory Group; new student orientation leaders) for 2021 Spring Semester. If you would like to help new students and share your experiences here at APU, please watch the guidance session on Facebook and submit your application before the deadline.
1. Role of FLAG
Provide support to new students to help them ease into college life and the environment at APU.
- Organize and run some of the orientation sessions for new students. (Student Life Guidance, Course Registration Q&A Session, etc.)
- Plan and manage welcome events and projects that provide support for new students.
- Other activities as required.
3. Activity Schedule
* All meetings will be conducted online, but orientation preparation and the orientation itself will held in both a mix of online and in-person settings.
- FLAG Meeting: Thu, February 4 13:00-15:00
- FLAG Training: Thu, March 4th and Fri, March 5th
- Orientation Preparation: Mon, March 8 – Fri, March 26
- Orientation: Mon, March 29 – Tue, April 6
- Review Meeting: Tue, April 6
Approximately 28 students.
5. Participation Requirements
Applicants must meet all the following conditions:
- Must be a regular undergraduate student (Graduate students who received their undergraduate degree from APU are eligible to apply. Short-term exchange students are not eligible).
- Must be able to attend all activities listed in the activity schedule above.
- Must be able to communicate in both English and Japanese.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude and be willing to assume responsibilities until FLAG ends.
6. Application Schedule
Step 1: Watch the FLAG Recruiting Guidance on the FLAG Facebook page
(FLAG Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/APUFLAG)
Guidance will be held via Facebook Live in 5th Period (16:05~) on Wednesday, November 18th.
* 2021 Spring Semester FLAG duties will differ from those in previous semesters. Students who did not watch the guidance session are able to apply, however, please be aware of what is expected of FLAG members prior to applying.
Step 2: Online Application
Complete the online survey by 16:30 on Wednesday, December 2.
● Results will be announced Thursday, December 10th. Notification will be sent to the Action Required section of your Campus Terminal account.
Step 3: Interview
Applicant interviews will take place from Wednesday, December 16th to Friday, December 18th between the 2nd and 5th periods.
● Final results will be announced Tuesday, December 22nd. Notification will be sent to the Action Required section of your Campus Terminal account.
Remuneration will be paid to FLAG members who successfully complete all the required activities, however, please be aware that this is not a part-time job when applying.
Student Office／Academic Office