Now Recruiting Fall 2020 FLAG Members!
We are currently recruiting students for FLAG (Fellow Advisory Group; new student orientation leaders) for 2020 Fall Semester. If you would like to help new students and share your experiences here at APU, please watch the guidance session on Facebook and submit your application before the deadline.
1. Role of FLAG
Provide support to new students to help them ease into college life and the environment at APU.
- Organize and run some of the orientation sessions for new students. (Student Life Guidance, Course Registration Q&A Session, etc.)
- Plan and manage welcome events and projects that provide support for new students.
- Other activities as required.
3. Activity Schedule * All activities are held online.
- FLAG Meeting: Wed, July 29 16:05-17:40
- FLAG Training: Mon, August 31
- Orientation Preparation: Tue, September 1 – Tue, September 22
- Orientation: Wed, September 23 – Fri, October 2
- Review Meeting: Fri, October 2
Approximately 12 students.
5. Participation Requirements
Applicants must meet all the following conditions:
- Must be a regular undergraduate student (Graduate students who received their undergraduate degree from APU are eligible to apply. Short-term exchange students are not eligible).
- Must be able to attend all activities listed in the activity schedule above.
- Must be able to communicate in both English and Japanese.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude and be willing to assume responsibilities until FLAG ends.
- Must have permission to work in Japan. (International students must obtain a valid work permit no later than Mon, Aug 31).
6. Application Schedule
Step 1: Watch the FLAG Recruiting Guidance on the FLAG Facebook page
(FLAG Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/APUFLAG)
Guidance will be held via Facebook Live in 2nd Period (10:35~) on Thursday, July 2nd
* 2020 Fall Semester FLAG duties will differ from those in previous semesters. Students who did not watch the guidance session are able to apply, however, please be aware of what is expected of FLAG members prior to applying.
Step 2: Online Application
Complete the online survey by 16:30 on Friday, July 10.
● Results will be announced Thursday, July 16th. Notification will be sent to the Action Required section of your Campus Terminal account.
Step 3: Interview
Applicant interviews will take place from Monday, July 20 to Wednesday, July 22 between the 2nd and 5th periods.
● Final results will be announced Tuesday, July 28th. Notification will be sent to the Action Required section of your Campus Terminal account.
Remuneration will be paid to FLAG members who successfully complete all the required activities, however, please be aware that this is not a part-time job when applying.
Student Office／Academic Office