When using APU’s information systems or network, you have certain responsibilities or obligations as laid out in the university’s user policies or domestic and international law. During use, please fulfill your ethical and scholarly responsibilities and remember that the network is a shared university resource. In addition, please respect intellectual and property rights, and be sure to give due consideration to system security and the protection of others’ privacy.
The rules you should follow when using APU’s information systems or network are shown below. Please read them carefully before making use of these resources. If you become aware of unauthorized or improper use of the systems or network, please contact the Information Systems Administrative Office.
Ritsumeikan Trust Regulations
- Examples of Behavior Prohibited by the Information Systems Usage Regulations
- Criminal behavior or acts that violate public order or morals
- Violation of others’ privacy
- Destroying or stealing others’ information, infringing on copyright or intellectual property rights
- Sales or other profit-oriented behavior
- Behavior or acts that damage the reputation of the Ritsumeikan Trust or of the University
- Interfering with the normal management and operation of the system or of other networks connected to it
- Other inappropriate acts that do not align with information system goals