Due to the impact of the novel coronavirus, we are no longer providing face-to-face Academic Advising sessions. Instead, we are providing sessions online via the Zoom Online Meeting System.
More information on how to make a reservation can be found below.
APU offers ″Academic Advising″ for students in order to help them identify and achieve their goals both academically and personally. Advising is conducted through meetings with university faculty and staff, and aims to enable students to achieve the following.
- Awareness and utilization of the APU multicultural learning environment
- Smooth transition into university student life
- Creation of an education plan
- Following one’s own study plan responsibly
Individual Academic Advising
You must pre-register to participate in an online Academic Advising session.
Check your consultation before make reservation
Depending on the contents, you may be able to receive more appropriate advice by consulting another contact person.
Please confirm the contents of your consultation from the following page.
General Information on Student Services (PDF)
How to Register
Bookings can be made through the following online reservation form.
Academic Advising Online Reservation
If your schedule does not match any of the time slots shown below, please contact us.
Timetable (AY 2021 Spring Semester)
- Each advisor's available times are as follows.
Prof. SHIN (Japanese)
Tue, 2nd period (1st Q) / Mon, 4th period (2nd Q)
Prof. ROUX (English)
Mon, 4th period
Prof. CUTTING (Japanese / English)
Tue, 4th period
Prof. FUDEUCHI（Japanese / English）
Thu, 4th period
- Please click here for the schedule.
Academic Advising: Our Advisors
- You can speak with any of our four academic advisors about any worries you may have.
- Our Advisors
Held via the Zoom Online Meeting System
※Requires a stable internet connection
- You can speak with an advisor on any issue, large or small. Please consider academic advising for the following topics, or for any other questions you wish to ask.
- Difficulty getting used to being at university
- Time-management problems
- Help with study methods
- Unsure what to do now to prepare for your future
- Unsure how to write reports
- Feeling lost or unsure and wanting to talk with someone
- If the situation is extremely urgent, please visit the appropriate office or the counseling room. Additionally, for questions or advice regarding scholarships, please visit the Student Office.
The Academic Office provides advising sessions to students aimed at helping with their studies. The topics differ for each session, but anyone is free to join.
Advising Session Schedule
The advising sessions scheduled for the fall semester are as follows:
※Session content and timing of the advising sessions are subject to change.
※Details of the advising sessions will be posted as they become available.
- Time Management Session (Spring・Japanese Language)
- Cultural Exchange (Spring・Language to be determined)
- Stress Management Session (Fall・English)
Images from previous Advising Sessions
AY 2019 FA Jumonji Cafe (in preson)
AY 2019 FA MBTI Session (in preson)
AY 2020 Fall Semester
Stress Management Session
AY 2020 Fall Semester
Making the Most of Your Online Student Life