To all students planning on graduating in September 2022:
The graduation ceremony scheduled for Friday, September 16, 2022 will be held in person.
Just as in previous years, the ceremony will also be live-streamed on Facebook Live and YouTube Live. (No pre-registration is required. Can be viewed by anyone.)
Please note that depending on the infection situation, it is possible that the ceremony will be changed to online-only immediately prior to the degree conferment ceremony, or that parents may not be allowed to enter.
We believe there are many people who have been unable to meet their friends, family, and other loved ones due to the impact of COVID-19. We hope that you will be able to attend this ceremony and reflect on your memories of your loved ones to share the joy of graduating. We are really looking forward to celebrating this special day, which will be an important start for you all.
The following is very important information about the degree conferral ceremony, so please be sure to read through to the end.
1. Details of Degree Conferral Ceremony
|Date||Friday, September 16, 2022|
|Format||In-Person (Pre-Registration Required)
＊If you would like to watch the streaming on the day of the ceremony, please visit the following URL.
|Time||12:00 – 15:00 (End Time Tentative)|
|Doors Open (Registration Opens): 11:00|
|Ceremony: 12:00 – 13:00|
Convention Hall (B-Con Plaza)
12-1 Yamanote-cho, Beppu City, Oita Prefecture
https://www.b-conplaza.jp/en/ (External Site)
September 2022 Graduates, Parents/Guardians (Up to 2 people), APU Faculty
※Other groups may not participate. Please enjoy the Livestream instead.
please visit the following URL.
※Please be sure to bring your Student ID Card. Your card will be required when you enter the venue and receive your diploma.
※Degrees will be distributed from (approx.) 13:00 – 15:00.
※Please wear formal clothing.
※Parents/guardians may also attend the ceremony, up to 2 people per student (pre-Registration Required). If a parent/guardian is from a country or region that is not visa exempted, they must apply for and receive a “short-term stay” visa in advance.
Details: Ministry of Foreign Affairs Website (External Link)
Please note, the university does not issue documents for applying for this visa. Please use a screenshot of this page if you need it for the application.
*If your parents/guardians plan to attend the ceremony, please be sure to find the email sent to your APU email address titled “[IMPORTANT] The attendance of September 2022 Degree Conferral Ceremony” and fill out the attached survey.
- Based on the status of infections, the in-person part of the ceremony may be canceled at the last minute and the ceremony may be held online-only.
- If the in-person ceremony is canceled the university will not be responsible for any cancellation fees for plane tickets, accommodations, etc..
- Current students will not be able to enter the venue or participate via Zoom.
2. Degree Conferral
- You will have to turn in your Student ID to receive your diploma, so you must bring your Student ID Card.
Diplomas will be handed out by the representative of each college and graduate school individually to graduating students. You will not be able to pick up your diploma outside of the times shown below. If you do not pick up your diploma by the deadline then it will be mailed out within a few days.
College Location Time APS/APM Convention Hall Stage 13:00 – 15:00 (Tentative) GSA/GSM Central Meeting Room 13:30 – 14:45 (Tentative)
- The ceremony may suddenly be held online, so you must fill out the survey shown in 3. Procedures below regardless of how you will participate in the ceremony.
If the ceremony is held online, then all diplomas will be mailed out in order after the graduation ceremony.
Domestic: Around 1 – 3 days (Hokkaido and outlying islands may take up to one week)
International: Around 2 - 3 weeks
- Shipping times:
＜For those who need Additional Copies of the Graduation Certificate / Transcript in English or Japanese＞
Please read the information on the certificates page here before applying.
※The name registered in your student record will be shown on your diploma. If you wish to change the name that will appear on your diploma, please contact the Student Office by Friday, September 2, 16:30. We will be unable to accommodate requests for name changes after this deadline. Contact: email@example.com
Those who will be Absent
- If you will not attend the ceremony, please check the URL below and follow the procedures to have your degree mailed to you.
- Diplomas will be sent to domestic addresses via Sagawa and to international addresses via EMS.
- All shipping fees for the diplomas and certificates will be borne by applicants.
*Items to be Distributed / Mailed
- Diploma (1 copy)
- Certificate of Graduation/Completion (Japanese and English, 1 copy each)
- Grade Transcript (Japanese and English, 1 copy each)
- Graduation Souvenirs
- Division / Specialization Certificate (Japanese and English, 1 copy each)
※Grad students only, limited to those who meet the requirements.
Those planning to graduate must complete the following procedures. Please read the information below carefully before completing the requirements.
Tue. Jul. 26 (afternoon) -
Thurs. Sep. 1 (noon)
Fill out Survey＊Required
(Attendance, Parental participation, etc.)
|Find the email sent to your APU email address titled “[IMPORTANT] The attendance of September 2022 Degree Conferral Ceremony” and fill out the attached survey.|
4. Preventative Measures Against COVID-19
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, please check the following information before attending the degree conferral ceremony and be sure to take thorough preventative measures.
[Entering the Venue]
- You must wear a mask. If you do not wear a mask you will not be permitted to enter the venue.
- Please take your temperature before coming to campus. If you have a fever of 37.5℃ or above you will not be permitted to attend the ceremony.
[Traveling to the Venue]
- You must use public transportation. Please avoid coming by personal vehicle.
- We expect that public transport will be crowded just before the ceremony, so please be sure to leave yourself plenty of time.
- Please avoid traveling to the venue in large groups.
[After the Ceremony]
- Please avoid from holding social gatherings with a large number of people eating and drinking together after the degree conferral ceremony.
- Please refrain from speaking with your mask off.
Procedure Checklist for Graduating Students
After graduation, you must carry out various procedures before leaving Beppu. Please make sure you have enough time to complete them. Click HERE for details (Student Office Website).
Co-op Deposit Refunds
Graduation Ceremony Team
TEL： 0977-78-1101 ／FAX： 0977-78-1102