This page is applicable to 2011 curriculum undergraduate students


1. Diplomas, Certificates, and Invitation Letters
Q1-1. Is a diploma the same as a certificate of graduation?
A1-1. No. The diploma, which is issued only once at the time of graduation (or completion), is proof that you have earned a degree. Meanwhile, the certificate of graduation, much like a Certificate of Attendance or a Transcript of Academic Record, can be issued when needed. It is often required for job interviews or graduate school applications
Q1-2. I lost my diploma. Can it be reissued?
A1-2. No. Your diploma is an original document that cannot be reissued.
Q1-3. I lost my certificate of graduation and/or academic transcript. Can they be reissued?
A1-3. Yes. These certificates can be issued in whatever quantity you require. Please submit your application to the Student Office.
Q1-4. I need to submit a certificate of graduation to my prospective employer or graduate school. Can I obtain one before the graduation ceremony?
A1-4. No. You cannot obtain this certificate until you receive your diploma.
Q1-5. Can I receive a scan of my diploma and certificates?
A1-5. No. The University cannot provide scans of diplomas or any certificates.
Q1-6. What is an Invitation Letter?
A1-6. This is a certificate you can attach to the visa applications for the family members you invite to the graduation ceremony. It indicates the date, time, and venue of the graduation ceremony.
※For the upcoming September 2020 graduation ceremony, the invitation letter will only be addressed to the graduating students themselves.
Q1-7. Who can apply for an Invitation Letter?
A1-7. Since this concerns students inviting family members from overseas (as stated in Q1-6), only international students can apply.
Q1-8. How can I apply for an invitation letter?
A1-8. Please apply from the URL (survey) on “Commencement (Graduation Ceremony)” 2.-③preliminary application of the Academic Office webpage. The invitation letter will be mailed to the address entered in the survey.
Q1-9. Will Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University serve as a guarantor when I apply for a visa?
A1-9. No, the University cannot serve as a guarantor.
Q1-10. What are the requirements for obtaining a visa?
A1-10. Please contact the appropriate embassy for details.
2. Graduation Ceremony Day
Q2-1. What items will I receive on the day of the graduation ceremony?
A2-1. You will not receive anything on the day of the graduation since you will be receiving everything by post.
Q2-2. Do I need to bring anything with me to the graduation ceremony?
A2-2. Yes, please make sure you bring:
(1) Your student ID card (or an identification card for March graduates)
(2) A copy of the completion screen from the Office of the President’s online survey. (Only September graduates)
Q2-3. Is there parking available at the venue?
A2-3. No. Please use public transportation.
3. Receiving the Diploma and Other Certificates.
Q3-1. From when can I receive my diploma and other certificates.
A3-1. For students who complete the survey before noon on Monday, August 17th (Japan time), diplomas and other certificates will be sent out from APU on a first-come-first-serve basis beginning Friday, September 18th. APU cannot send out diplomas and other certificates before Friday, September 18th.
Q3-2. Can I receive my diploma at the university?
A3-2. No. You cannot receive your diploma at the university. All graduates will receive their diplomas by post.
Q3-3. Do I need to pay for the postage?
A3-3. No. The university will cover the postage for both domestic and overseas deliveries.
Q3-4. Can the mailing address be an address outside of Japan?
A3-4. Yes. We will use services which allow international delivery such as DHL.
Q3-5. What should I do if I miss the deadline for submitting the survey?
A3-5. Please refer to Receiving Your Diploma after Graduation on the Academic Office Website.
* In this case, the postage will be at your expense.
Q3-6. I already submitted my application but would like to change the delivery address. Is this possible?
A3-6. This is possible depending on when you contact us. Please consult with the Graduation Team.
Q3-7. If I have not yet submitted my application after the graduation ceremony, can you send additional certificates along with the free certificates provided with my diploma (i.e., one Japanese and one English copy of my academic transcript and certificate of graduation)?
A3-7. If you wish to receive more than three copies of your Certificate of Graduation or Transcript of Academic Record, please refer to this page before applying.
* Since additional certificates will be mailed separately from the diploma, you will need to pay an additional handling fee for the additional postage (¥300 yen per certificate).
Q3-8. Can you send the certificates of graduation and academic transcripts to a different address than the diploma and commemorative gift?
A3-8. No. All items will be sent in one package to the same address.
Q3-9. Will past graduates also receive the diploma by mail this time?
A3-9. No. Only students graduating in September 2020 will receive their diplomas.

Back to TOP