Scholarships are provided by the Japanese government, foreign governments, and private organizations.
Use the information provided below to direct any inquiries you might have to the specific organization or the contact point for each specific scholarship.
※This page covers stipend-based scholarships for the purpose of overseas exchange only. For inquiries regarding loan-based scholarships, please contact the Student Office.
* The scholarships listed here are usually only offered to Japanese nationals or students permanently residing in Japan. Please check the application guidelines for each scholarship in advance. (For example, scholarships from JASSO and the TOBITATE Young Ambassador Program require applicants to be Japanese nationals or permanent residents.)
1. Independent Administrative Institution Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO)
Student Exchange Support Program (under exchange agreements)
＜AY2021 2nd Recruitment＞
|Type of Scholarship||Benefit Type (no repayment)|
|On-Campus Application Period||From Monday, May 17, 2021 to 16:30 Monday, June 7, 2021|
|Applicable Programs||International Exchange Program (2021 Fall Program)|
|Application Requirements||Please refer to the on-campus recruiting guidelines, the application form①, the application form②, and the application form③.|
* The application period for the third round of recruitment in AY2021 is scheduled to begin in October.
Participants in the 2022 Spring International Exchange Program (only students who will depart by March 31, 2022) and the 2021 Double Degree Program (Salzburg University of Applied Sciences) may apply. Other programs for the 2021 Fall semester may be added.
【Past Application Information】
＜AY2021 1st Recruitment＞※Application is closed
- On-Campus Application Period：Monday, March 1, 2021 to 16:30 Monday, March 22, 2021
- Applicable Programes：2021 Double Degree Program(St. Edward’s University, NEOMA Business School)
＜AY2020 3rd Recruitment＞※Application is closed
- On-Campus Application Period：Wednesday, October 28, 2020 to 16:30 Wednesday, November 11, 2020
- Applicable Programes：International Exchange Program(2021 Spring Program)
Look over the associated webpage, and if the application needs to go through the university, be sure to bring your application documents to the Academic Office and consult with one of the Officers in Charge of Scholarships at least 10 days before the application deadline.
The university is not responsible for things like providing recruitment notifications or facilitating bulk applications, so be sure to confirm the information regarding recruitment and to carry out any necessary procedures on your own.
2. Scholarships from Public & Private Organizations
Japan Public-Private Partnership Student Study Abroad Program: TOBITATE Young Ambassador Program
< AY2021 14th Term Recruitment >
|Type of Scholarship||Benefit Type (no repayment)|
|On-campus Application Period||From Monday December 21, 2020 to 16:30 Wednesday, February 3, 2021|
|Study Abroad Period||From 28 days up to 1 year|
|Application Requirements||Please refer to the TOBITATE Young Ambassador Program recruiting guidelines, the on-campus recruiting guidelines, and the application form.|
NOTE: For the “Regional Development Course”, the recruitment period and the nature of support depends on the region.
NOTE: For details, see the TOBITATE! Study Abroad Initiative website
Applications must go through the university. Please submit your application documents to the box in Academic Office or send them by mail by the on-campus application deadline.
On-Campus Application Deadline:
- 16:30 Tuesday, January 19, 2021 ※For programs commencing from April 2021 to September 2021
- 16:30 Tuesday, April 20, 2021 ※For programs commencing from September 2021 to March 2022
To scholarship coordinator, Academic Office, Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University
1-1 Jumonjibaru, Beppu, Oita, 874-8577
Applications must go through the university. Please bring your application documents to the Academic Office scholarship coordinator by the on-campus application deadline. For further details, please refer to the recruitment guidelines and application form.
On-campus Application Deadline：16:30 Wednesday, December 23, 2020
Watanabe Trust Fund at the University of Iceland : Study Abroad Scholarship Recruitment
The university is not responsible for facilitating bulk applications, please look over the associated webpage and recruitment information in order to carry out any necessary procedures on your own by the application deadline.
- Application Form
- Application Deadline: 12am(midnight) Wednesday, January 15, 2020
Keidanren Scholarship Recruiting
The university is not responsible for facilitating bulk applications, please look over the recruitment guidelines in order to carry out any necessary procedures on your own by the application deadline.
- Application Deadline : Tuesday, September 17, 2019
- Application Form : http://idc.disc.co.jp/keidanren/scholarship/
THE KAZANKAI FOUNDATION：Study Abroad Scholarship Recruitment
The university is not responsible for facilitating bulk applications, please look over the associated website and the recruitment information (available in Japanese only) in order to carry out any necessary procedures on your own by the application deadline.
- Recruitment information and application form (PDF)
- Application deadline：Wednesday, January 15, 2020
＜For Inquiries Contact:＞
MAEDA(Mr.) or OTSUKA (Ms.), Officers in Charge of Scholarships