About the APU GLAD Program
The APU GLAD (Global Learning for sustAinable Development) Program is designed to offer 1st - 2nd semester students (domestic and international) an opportunity to understand global issues as global citizens and search for solutions through Hybrid-style lectures by guest speakers and group work. The focal areas of learning in this program are as follows:
1) Learn several frameworks for perceiving the world as a global citizen.
2) Learn methods to actualize and make contributions to the world, not limited to words.
3) Learn what students must learn about on the university campus and through overseas studies.
4) Learn effective communication skills in Japanese and English through Hybrid-style group work.
This program was developed to provide opportunities for multicultural collaborative learning utilizing APU’s multicultural, multilingual, multinational campus environment even under circumstances where students cannot physically come to campus. Due to the impact of the novel coronavirus, Off-campus Study Programs have been cancelled for the Spring Semester but we hope that students interested in collaborative learning with other students of diverse backgrounds will participate in this program.
2021 Spring Semester
We will recruit applicants for the APU GLAD Program for 1st-2nd semester’s students as shown below. If you would like to participate, please apply after reading the application information. This program will be fully conducted Hybrid-style (in principle, students living in Japan will attend the in-person aspect of the classes）.
- Eligibility: 1st – 2nd semester students (Both International and Domestic Students) *Please see the application information for details.
- Application Period: Thu. April 1 - Wed. April 21 , 2021(16:30)
Application Process: Please complete the Online Application form after reading the Application Information (PDF) and Syllabus (PDF) carefully.
(Note1) Online Application form (LimeSurvey) will be accessible when the Application Period starts.
(Note2) If you have any questions about the Online Application, please contact the following E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidance Session Schedule
Date: April 14,2021
Japanese 16:10～ (first half of 5th period)
<Zoom MTG ID> 996 0902 5549
English 17:10～ (Latter half of 5th period)
<Zoom MTG ID> 979 1404 3585
*The guidance can be attended either in-person or via zoom.