What is JETRO DESK?
JETRO DESK allows you to consult with JETRO (Japan External Trade Organization) staff with expertise in the following areas. DESK is located in the Career Office.
Consultation in either Japanese or English is available.
What you can consult about
- Career support for students aiming for international careers (providing opportunities to interact with foreign-affiliated companies and international companies)
- Support for startups aiming to expand overseas
- Consultation on trade-related matters
- Cooperative projects with companies in Oita (overseas marketing, internships, etc.)
Note: As a rule, JETRO does not deal with matters other than those listed above. For students who would like career-related consultation, please make use of the Career Office’s individual consultations.
(For individual consultation https://en.apu.ac.jp/careers/notice/article/?storyid=94）
APU students, faculty, staff, and alumni only
How to use
Those who wish to consult should first send an email in advance to JETRO’s address for consultations as listed below. Please also follow the format shown.
Subject: APU [Topic you wish to discuss (e.g. about internship, re:trading)]
- Affiliated college/school
- Contents of what you want to discuss
*The e-mail will be forwarded directly to JETRO, and JETRO will reply to you. Please follow the instructions on how to proceed with the consultation.
*Emails sent with incomplete content may not receive replies, so please confirm there are no mistakes in the content of the email before sending.
*If you do not receive a reply after three business days, please send another e-mail.
If you have any issues related to JETRO DESK, please contact the Career Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).