APU Library’s Preventative Measures Against COVID-19 (Updated August 25, 2021)
In response to the current increase in the number of COVID-19 cases in Oita Prefecture, library operations will change as shown below starting Thursday, August 26.
- Only the materials lending / borrowing service will be available.
The library cannot be used as a study space.
Facilities closed: Pangaea 1 – 5 and 7, Group Study Rooms, Multimedia Room
We also offer a Postal Mail Lending Service, so please feel free to make use of it (see the URL below for details).
- Library operations in the fall semester will be decided and announced at a later date, after confirming the current COVID-19 situation at that time.
(Notes / Warnings for Use)
- You must wear a mask to enter the library.
- Please keep at least 2 meters of distance between yourself and other patrons.
※For off-campus visitors
For the time being, off-campus visitors will not be permitted to enter the library.
Extension of Due Dates for Library Materials
Although there are concerns about the nationwide spread of COVID-19, the due dates for borrowed materials will not be extended. If you do not return the materials by the due date you will be subject to fines, so please be sure to return all materials on time.
Postal Mail Lending Service
If you would like to send materials via postal mail, please follow the procedure below.
[How to Return Materials via Postal Mail]
Please send all materials by registered mail.
Oita-ken, Beppu-shi, Jumonjibaru 1-1
Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University
APU Library Service Counter (Materials for Return Enclosed)
- When you send the materials, please send an email to us to let us know. (firstname.lastname@example.org）
The material will be counted as returned after it arrives at the library, so please check the return status from MyLibrary.
Reference Counter services will be offered online only.
If you are looking for materials for writing your thesis, a report, etc., our staff can help you.
【IMPORTANT】 You must make a reservation to use our online counter services. Please fill out the survey below to apply at least one day before you would like to use the service.
- Desk Hours:
- Non-Class Period Weekdays 14:00 – 17:30
- Inquiries Accepted:
- How to use databases or digital materials, how to receive materials, etc.
We apologize for the inconvenience to library patrons, but we ask for your understanding and cooperation.