Apr 16, 2018
The University will support the following three types of events/projects as “Event & Project Support System”:
Type A. Autonomous Events: Student groups complete their events by themselves.
Type B. Selected Projects: The University selects unique and outstanding student projects. Those projects will receive tremendous backing from the University.
Type C. Enterprise & NPOs Co-create Project: Student groups will collaborate with companies, NPO, or APU offices.
We will start accepting applications for the Selected Projects (Type B)
The University will select unique and outstanding activities that focus on “Nurturing multicultural receptivity,” “Utilizing academic knowledge from your studies at APU,” and/or “Contributing to the world, local, and APU community” by the submission of papers and a public interview. Students will aim to complete their high-level projects during project time of six months to a year.
*A group needs to have at least 5 APU students from at least two countries.
*The existing Clubs/Circles can apply.
*There is only one application period per year.
*Approximately ten groups will be selected.
* Selected student groups will receive up to 500,000 JPY in financial support.
The details will be announced in the information session.
*Project Type B home page→https://www.apu.ac.jp/home/gallery/article/?storyid=220
*Project Type B Facebook→https://www.facebook.com/APUSelectedProjects/
Information Session on “Event & Project Support System”
1. Monday April 16, 6th period, F201
2. Tuesday April 17, 6th period, F201
3. Friday April 20, 3rd period, F202
The content in each of the information sessions will be the same.
No reservation is needed.
Application Information in English (PDF) – Download
1) Application form (Designated form/Word) – Download
2) Project proposal (Free format/Word) *Examples of items described – Download
3) Budget form and Account report Sheet (Designated form /Excel) – Download
4) Members list (Designated form /Excel) – Download
<How to apply>
1. Go to the following website, enter all the required information, attach all the necessary forms, and then click "submit" on the bottom.
2. You need to email the Student Office at email@example.com
to confirm the submission of your documents.
Please include that you have submitted the online application indicating “Selected Project Type,” Group name, and the name of the representative.
3. After receiving your email, the Student Office will send you a confirmation email.
Thursday, April 26, 12:00
We are looking forward to seeing your creative plans!
Apr 12, 2018
Student organizations who want to use the Student Union and
sports facilities for Spring Semester 2nd Quarter. (From June 4, 2018 to July 22, 2018).
Need to confirm their reservation period, and make reservations using the reservation
book at the counter in the Student Office.
**This does not include classroom reservations.
Also, we figured that there is no need for student groups to negotiate for regular use of all the equipment except movable mirrors (One student group is booking for one equipment. Booking requests do not overlap with other groups). Therefore, from Spring break in AY2016, regular equipment use is only available for the movable mirrors. If your group would like to use the movable mirror regularly, please fill out the reservation booking at the Student Office.
Premier Organization: April 25 ,2018 ～ May 8, 2018 by16:30
Registered Organization: May 02 ,2018 ～ May 8, 2018 by16:30
And also attend the facility meeting.
Understand that you cannot use facilities if you are absent from this meeting.
Wednesday, May 9, 2018
*Organizations who use the Student Union: 10:00-
Place: a Class room F209 (F Building)
*Organizations who use the gym, ground, or tennis court: 13:00-
Place: a Class room F209 (F Building)
- *The meeting will start on time. Do NOT be late!
- *If any organizations have a scheduling conflict, the organizations must negotiate a solution among themselves; therefore, your organization should have someone who can negotiate for you attend the meeting.
- ＊organizations need to make sure they have at least one member attending for each facility they want to reserve.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (shared mail)
Apr 9, 2018
To all Circle and Club
The Clubs/Circles Continuation Guidance will be held as follows;
Date and time: 3rd period, on Wednesday, April 18th.
* Two members from each club/circle are required to be present.
* The various forms for your club/circle’s activities and the submission method for the forms will be changed after this guidance. The explanation of the new form submission system will be provided during this guidance as well. Therefore, please make sure to attend this guidance.
* The Student Office will not provide any follow up for the clubs/circles that do not attend this session (The office will not be able to answer any inquiries on the matters that will be discussed in the session for those clubs/circles).
Apr 2, 2018
At present, there are approximately 86 different student organizations active at APU, in the categories of sports, academic research, culture arts, and social organizations (volunteer groups).
You are free to join any of these student organizations, or even create new ones.
If you want to join the club, please directly contact to the club. How would you like to challenge setting up a new organization in this Spring semester?
If you are interested, please read the "Establishing a New Organization" carefully and fill in the application form and submit it.