Oct 7, 2019
It appears that some student organizations have not updated their member lists to include the new students who have recently joined. Please be sure to update your member list whenever there are changes (in the case of new members or when members leave the group due to graduating, etc.). You can make changes to your member list by accessing ”団体登録情報/ Change of registered information” in the Registration System. All student organizations must update their member lists by October 31st.
Please refer to the Student Office website for further details.
Sep 5, 2019
At present, there are approximately 107 different student organizations active at APU, in the categories of sports, academic research, culture arts, and social organizations (volunteer groups).
You are free to join any of these student organizations, or even create new ones.
If you want to join the club, please directly contact to the club. How would you like to challenge setting up a new organization in this Fall semester?
If you are interested, please read the "Establishing a New Organization" carefully and fill in the application form and submit it.
Aug 29, 2019
Clubs/circles who would like to distribute fliers at the entrance ceremony at B-con Plaza on Friday, September 20 must comply with the following rules.
Any clubs/circles who do not comply with these rules will get their activities suspended by the University.
- 1. Promotional activity rules
- Organizations can receive permission to distribute fliers, but organizations need to follow the rules 3.
- No promotional performances such as dancing, performing or having demonstrations are allowed of any kind in B-Con Plaza or anywhere else on the premise including the Entrance Hall.
- Flier distribution rules
- Your organization will need to follow the same procedures as when distributing fliers on campus. You will first need to bring a copy of the flier to the Student Office to receive approval.
- Fliers need to be both in Japanese and English. The organization's name and contact information (e-mail) must be written on the fliers.
- After you receive permission from the Student Office, make the necessary amount of copies and bring all of the copies to the Student Office to get the approval stamp stamped on them.
*If a large number of fliers is needed, make copies with the original that contains the approval stamp from the Student Office.
- Distributing fliers for other organizations or fliers that were not approved is prohibited.
- Distributing fliers for where you work or promoting events that are not approved by the Student Office is strictly prohibited.
- Distributing food or drinks which also includes snacks, candies, or juice with the fliers is prohibited.
- Organizations who wish to distribute souvenirs from overseas with their fliers need to consult with the Student Office beforehand.
- Reserving the printing machine
- You can now reserve the printing machine by using the reservation system.
- The same policy applies when reserving the printing machine; if you make a reservation, and later realize that you will not need it, please cancel the reservation.
- There are occasions when the printing machine is not working properly and cannot be used. It may take some time for the printing machine to get fixed. Even if the printing machine is not available for use, the University will not bear the costs of your printing expenses.
- 2. The period when distributing fliers is allowed
- Clubs/circles can only distribute fliers after the entrance ceremony.
- To ensure the entrance ceremony is not delayed or disturbed, distributing fliers before and during the entrance ceremony is prohibited.
- 3. The area distribution is allowed
- Distributing fliers is only allowed in the Entrance Hall after the conclusion of the entrance ceremony.
- To avoid impeding the areas the new students will be passing through, distribute fliers only in the designated area.
- 4. Collecting fliers
- At previous entrance ceremonies, distributed fliers were left scattered on the ground. Because problems such as these reflect poorly on the University, all organizations that distribute fliers will need to clean up afterward.
- Cleaning will begin at 16:30. At least two people from each organization that distributed fliers will need to help clean.
- All the people who will participate in the cleaning will need to assemble in front of the Philharmonia Hall entrance.
Aug 29, 2019
Regular Use of the Facilities and Facility Meeting for 1st Quarter of Fall Semester (From October15, 2019 to November 19, 2019)
Student organizations who want to use the Student Union and
sports facilities for 1st Quarter of Fall Semester (October15, 2019 to November 19, 2019),
need to confirm their reservation period and make reservations using the reservation
book at the counter in the Student Office.
※Please be aware that regular use of facilities will be possible from October 15, not from October 2nd (starting date of 1st Quarter of Fall Semester).
*This does not include classroom reservations.
Regular equipment use is only available for the movable mirrors. If your group would like to use the movable mirror regularly, please fill out the reservation booking at the Student Office.
Premier Organization:6/ September /2019(Mon) 10:00 – 20/ September /2019(Fri) 16:30
Registered Organization:13/September /2019(Tue) 10:00 –20/ September /2019(Fri) 16:30
*Attendance at the facility meeting is mandatory.
*Please be aware that you will not be able to use the facilities if you are absent from this meeting.
【Facility Meeting】Tuesday, September 24, 2019
*Organizations who use the Student Union: 10:00-
Place: Classroom F106 (F Building)
*Organizations who use the gym, ground, or tennis court: 13:00-
Place: Classroom F106 (F Building)
- *The meeting will begin on time. Do NOT be late!
- *If there are organizations that have a scheduling conflict (both want to use the same facilities at the same time), the organizations must negotiate a solution among themselves.
- A representative who can negotiate for your organization should attend the meeting.
- ＊Organizations need to make sure they have at least one member attending for each facility they want to reserve.
- For example, if an organization wants to reserve two facilities, two or more people from that organization must attend the Facility Meeting.
Refer to the following web page.
*Facilities / Equipment:
Use on-campus facilities and equipment (Overall procedure)
Regular Use of the Facilities and Facility
Jun 25, 2019
To the student organizations that are required to clean the University's facilities:
The Student Office is holding a facility cleanup day for student organizations, RAs, and the Tenku Festival Committee.
The condition in which the facilities are being used as well as kept is horrendous, and it also indicates the facilities are not being cleaned properly. Each organization needs to clean the facilities after they use them.
The schedule for the club and circle cleanup day is below.
The organizations that are required to participate will need to have at least two members of their organization present in each area. Please be aware that the organizations who do not have the minimum number of members or do not participate in this cleanup will not be allowed to use the campus facilities and the storerooms from August 1, 2019.
The Student Office will inform the representative and vice representative of the details via their "Action Required" section in their Campus Terminal account at the beginning of July.
★★Facility cleanup for club and circles★★
||Wednesday, July 17, 2019
||From 14:15 until the cleanup is finished
||The area where the student is responsible for cleaning.
To be announced at a later date.
Cleaning activity at 4th period on July 17 is given a first priority in Club /Circle activities so that you cannot use facilities during cleaning.
We kindly ask for your understanding.