IMPORTANT: AY2020 Re-registration for Clubs and Circles & Re-registration / Application for the Premier Club status
All clubs and circles registered with the University that intend to continue their activities -- including ones that registered for the first time in the 2019 fall semester -- must submit applications for re-registration for the 2020 academic year.
Also, the current premier clubs that intend to keep their status and any other current clubs and circles that intend to apply for premier club status for AY 2020 must submit a premier club application in addition to an application for re-registration.
Please read the following information carefully and lodge your application.
Also please be aware that the application methods have now changed.
1. About Re-registration Application (For all clubs and circles)
< Guidance for the Re-registration procedure >
The Student Office will explain how to apply for re-registration and how to fill out the forms.
Attendance is not compulsory. However, please be advised that the office will not explain the contents of this guidance after the guidance.
- Date：Wed, Dec 11th, 5th period
< Application and interview period for re-registration >Method: Online application. Interview may be required if the contents of the online application are insufficient.
- Application period: From Wednesday, December 11, 2019 to 16:30 on Tuesday, January 7, 2020.
- Revision and interview notice: 17:30 January 17, 2020
Notice will go only to the clubs and circles which are required some revision of their application and/or are required to attend an interview.
- Revision and interview period: Friday January 17 to Friday February 14.
- Announcement of the result: Friday, March 13, 2020
< Application Method >
- Update your club/circle’s member list in the Registration System (online)
Registration System： "Change of registered information"→ "Member list"
- Submit your application for continuing your club/circle activities in the Registration System (online)
Registration System： "Change of registered information"→ " Application for Continuing Club/Circle Activities "
※As for the accounting report section in the "Application for Continuing Club/Circle Activities ", if your club/circle did not have any financial activity (i.e. your club/circle did not collect any money from members), write 0 in the expenditure and revenue sections.
- After submitting your application, if the contents of your application is insufficient, your application will be “Dismissed” on the online system.
Please make sure to confirm the result of your application on on-line application system after 17:30, January 17, 2020, within 3 days .
- If your application is “Dismissed”, check the Student Office’s comment in the “Comment” section below the application form, change your application accordingly, and apply again. If your club/circle is required to have an interview, please follow the procedure written in the “Comment” section.
- When resubmitting an application, please click the "Application status" icon on the top of the screen and then select "Takeover application" on the left side of the screen. Selecting the previously submitted application will show all the content of the previous application on the screen. Please make sure to add or correct the content as indicated in the instructions provided and resubmit the application.
◆For information about the Registration System (online), please refer to the following link;
< Note >
- No applications will be accepted after the deadline for any reason. Clubs and circles that did not submit an application by this deadline will be regarded as discontinuing for AY2020.
- It takes time to fill out all the information in the application, and there is information that the leaders need to collect from other members. Therefore, please start filling out your application early. You can save your application online.
- If you do not update your club/circle’s member list, members not on the list will not be able to borrow keys for facilities or equipment, your club/circle will not receive information from the University, or other situation that will negatively affect your club/circle.
- Any false statements on the application may result in a demotion or other disciplinary measures.
- Please note that any groups who do not pass their re-registration screening may reapply as a new organization during the application period for new organizations in April or later. However, the screening for these groups will be very strict.
- The current premier clubs that intend to keep their status and any other current clubs and circles that intend to apply for premier club status for AY2020 must submit a premier club application in addition to an application for re-registration. (Please see the details below).
2. Applying for Premier Club status
Premier clubs that intent to keep their status in AY 2020, or any other clubs that intend to apply for Premier Club status for AY 2020, need to attend the Application Guidance for Premier Organizations, apply online, and have an interview. The details will be explained in the guidance.
* Clubs and circles which have been active for five consecutive years are eligible to apply.
< Application Guidance for Premier Organization >
- Date and time: Wednesday, December 11, 6th period
- Class room: F106
- At least two of the four core members are required to attend.
- All members who can participate should attend.
- All organizations that do not attend this explanatory meeting will not be able to apply as a premier organization later.