Aug 1, 2018
Clubs/circles who are doing promotional activities including flier distribution at the 2018 Fall Entrance Ceremony
Clubs/circles who would like to distribute fliers at the entrance ceremony at B-con Plaza on Friday, September 21 must comply with the following rules.
Any clubs/circles who do not comply with these rules will get their activities suspended by the University.
- 1. Promotional activity rules
- 1) Organizations can receive permission to distribute fliers, but organizations need to follow the rules (3).
- 2) No promotional performances such as dancing, performing or having demonstrations are allowed of any kind in B-Con Plaza or anywhere else on the premise including the Entrance Hall.
- 3) Flier distribution rules
- ① Your organization will need to follow the same procedures as when distributing fliers on campus. You will first need to bring a copy of the flier to the Student Office to receive approval.
- ② Fliers need to be both in Japanese and English. The organization's name and contact information (e-mail) must be written on the fliers.
- ③ After you receive permission from the Student Office, make the necessary amount of copies and bring all of the copies to the Student Office to get the approval stamp stamped on them.
*If a large number of fliers is needed, make copies with the original that contains the approval stamp from the Student Office.
- ④ Distributing fliers for other organizations or fliers that were not approved is prohibited.
- ⑤ Distributing fliers for where you work or promoting events that are not approved by the Student Office is strictly prohibited.
- ⑥ Distributing food or drinks which also includes snacks, candies, or juice with the fliers is prohibited.
- ⑦ Organizations who wish to distribute souvenirs from overseas with their fliers need to consult with the Student Office beforehand.
- 4) Reserving the printing machine
- ① You can now reserve the printing machine by using the reservation system.
- ② The same policy applies when reserving the printing machine; if you make a reservation, and later realize that you will not need it, please cancel the reservation.
- ③ There are occasions when the printing machine is not working properly and cannot be used. It may take some time for the printing machine to get fixed. Even if the printing machine is not available for use, the University will not bear the costs of your printing expenses.
- 2. The period when distributing fliers is allowed
- (1) Clubs/circles can only distribute fliers after the entrance ceremony.
- To ensure the entrance ceremony is not delayed or disturbed, distributing fliers before and during the entrance ceremony is prohibited.
- 3. The area distribution is allowed
- (1) Distributing fliers is only allowed in the Entrance Hall after the conclusion of the entrance ceremony.
(2) To avoid impeding the areas the new students will be passing through, distribute fliers only in the designated area.
- 4. Collecting fliers
- (1) At previous entrance ceremonies, distributed fliers were left scattered on the ground. Because problems such as these reflect poorly on the University, all organizations that distribute fliers will need to clean up afterward.
- (2) Cleaning will begin at 16:30. At least two people from each organization that distributed fliers will need to help clean.
- (3) All the people who will participate in the cleaning will need to assemble in front of the Philharmonia Hall entrance.