Nov 24, 2020
IMPORTANT: AY2021 Re-registration for Clubs and Circles & Re-registration/Application for Premier Organization Status
There are most likely many student organizations that were unable to conduct their regular activities this year as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. Organizations that do want to continue their activities once the overall situation improves should be sure to complete the club/circle re-registration procedures for AY2021.
All clubs and circles registered with the University that intend to continue their activities -- including ones that registered for the first time in the 2020 fall semester -- must submit applications to re-register for the 2021 academic year.
Also, current premier organizations that want to keep their status and any other current clubs and circles that want to apply for premier organization status for AY2021 must submit a premier organization application in addition to a re-registration application
Please apply after carefully reading the following application information.
Please note that application methods have changed and are different than last year.
1. Re-registration Applications (For all clubs and circles)
< Re-registration Online Guidance Session >
The Student Office will explain how to apply to re-register and how to fill out the forms. Attendance is not compulsory, however, the office will not reexplain the guidance contents to clubs/circles that did not attend.
< Re-registration Application Period and Interviews >
Method: Submit the designated application form on the Activity Registration System (Wawa Office). A ZOOM interview may be required for clubs/circles whose application contents are insufficient.
Application Period: Friday, December 11, 2020 ~ Friday, January 15, 2021 (Submit by 16:30)
Clubs/circles that need to revise their application and/or require an interview will be notified on Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 17:30.
(This notice will only be sent to clubs/circles that must revise their application or have an interview and will not be sent to all clubs/circles.)
Revision Period and Interviews: Friday, January 27, 2021 ~ Friday, February 10, 2021
Results Announced: Friday, March 10, 2021
< Application Method >
Update your club/circle’s member list in the Registration System (online)
Registration System： "Change of registered information"→ "Member list"
Submit your application for continuing your club/circle activities in the Registration System (online)
Registration System： "Change of registered information"→ " Application for Continuing Club/Circle Activities "
※As for the accounting report section in the "Application for Continuing Club/Circle Activities ", if your club/circle did not have any financial activity (i.e. your club/circle did not collect any money from members), write 0 in the expenditure and revenue sections.
※Please be careful when filling out the accounting report section as there are many clubs/circles that have to revise this section every year due to missing or incomplete information, expenditure and revenue figures don’t match, etc.
- After submitting your application, if the contents of your application are insufficient, your application status will be shown as “dismissed” on the online system.
Please confirm the status of your application on the Registration System sometime after 16:30, on Friday, January 15, 2021 or by the Wednesday of the following week at the absolute latest.
※If your application is “dismissed,” check the Student Office’s comments in the comment section below the application form, change your application accordingly, and apply again. If your club/circle is required to have an interview, follow the instructions written in the comment section.
※When resubmitting an application, please click the "Application status" icon on the top of the screen and then select "Takeover application" on the left side of the screen. Selecting the previously submitted application will show all the content of the previous application on the screen. Please make sure to add or correct the content as indicated in the instructions provided and resubmit the application.
◆Please refer to the following link for information on the online Registration System.
< Notes >
- No applications will be accepted after the deadline for any reason. Clubs and circles that did not submit an application by this deadline will be regarded as discontinuing for AY2021.
- It takes time to fill out all the information in the application, and there is information that the leaders need to collect from other members. It is possible to save drafts of your application online. Begin filling the application out as early as possible.
- If you do not update your club/circle’s member list, members not on the list will not be able to borrow keys for facilities or equipment, your club/circle will not receive important notices from the Student Office, in addition to negatively affecting your organization in other ways.
- Clubs/circle will not be approved to re-register and premium organizations will have their premium organization status revoked in the case false statements are found in the application.
- Please note that organizations that do not pass their re-registration screening may reapply as a new organization during the application period for new organizations in April, however, the screening for these organizations will be very strict.
- Premier organizations that intend to keep their status and any other clubs and circles that intend to apply for premier organization status for AY2021 must submit a premier organization application in addition to an application for re-registration. (Please refer below.)
2. Applying for Premier OrganizationStatus
Premier organizations that intend to keep their status in AY2021, or any other clubs that intend to apply for premier organization status for AY 2021, need to attend the Application Guidance for Premier Organizations, apply online, and have an interview.
※Clubs/circles that have been active for five consecutive years are eligible to apply for premier organization status.
< Application Guidance for Premier Organizations >
Date: Wednesday, December 23 (Tentative)
Guidance will be held online via ZOOM.
- At least two of the four core members are required to attend.
- All members who can participate should attend.
- Organizations that do not attend this guidance will not be able to apply.