Now Recruiting Fall 2021 FLAG Members!
We are currently recruiting students for FLAG (Fellow Advisory Group; new student orientation leaders) for 2021 Fall Semester. If you would like to help new students and share your experiences here at APU, please watch the guidance session on Facebook and submit your application before the deadline.
1. Role of FLAG
Provide support to new students to help them ease into college life and the environment at APU.
- Organize and run some of the orientation sessions for new students. (Student Life Guidance, Course Registration Q&A Session, etc.)
- Plan and manage welcome events and projects that provide support for new students.
- Other activities as required.
3. Activity Schedule
* All meetings will be conducted online, but orientation preparation and the orientation itself will be held in a hybrid style (mix of online and face-to-face).
* Please note that students selected for FLAG will not be able to leave Oita Prefecture from Monday, August 16 until the orientation ends to be able to participate in face-to-face FLAG activities.
- FLAG Meeting: Mon, July 26 14:20-16:00
- FLAG Training: Thu, August 26 and Fri, August 27
- Orientation Preparation: Mon, August 30 – Mon, September 20
- Orientation: Mon, September 21 – Fri, October 1
- Review Meeting: Fri, October 1
Approximately 18 students
5. Participation Requirements
Applicants must meet all the following conditions:
- Must be a regular undergraduate student (Graduate students who received their undergraduate degree from APU are eligible to apply. Short-term exchange students are not eligible).
- Must be able to attend all activities listed in the activity schedule above.
- Must be able to communicate in both English and Japanese.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude and be willing to assume responsibilities until FLAG ends.
6. Application Schedule
Step 1: Watch the FLAG Recruiting Guidance on the FLAG Facebook page.
(FLAG Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/APUFLAG)
Guidance will be held via Facebook Live in 4th Period (14:20~) on Thursday, June 10th.
* The guidance video will remain on the FLAG Facebook page and will also be posted to the Student Office’s Instagram account. Students unable to watch the actual livestream may view it on either account at a time that suits them.
* 2021 Fall Semester FLAG duties will differ from those in previous semesters. Students who did not watch the guidance session are able to apply, however, please be aware of what is expected of FLAG members prior to applying.
Step 2: Online Application
Complete the online survey by 16:30 on Wednesday, June 16.
● Results will be announced Friday, June 25. Notification will be sent to the Action Required section of your Campus Terminal account.
Step 3: Interview
Applicant interviews will take place from Wednesday, June 30 to Friday, July 2 between the 2nd and 5th periods.
● Final results will be announced Tuesday, July 6. Notification will be sent to the Action Required section of your Campus Terminal account.
Remuneration will be paid to FLAG members who successfully complete all the required activities, however, please be aware that this is not a part-time job when applying.
Student Office／Academic Office