Now Recruiting 2022 Spring FLAG Members!
We are currently recruiting students for FLAG (Fellow Advisory Group; new student orientation leaders) for 2022 Spring Semester. If you would like to help new students and share your experiences here at APU, please watch the guidance session on Facebook and submit your application before the deadline.
1. Role of FLAG
Provide support to new students to help them ease into college life and the environment at APU.
- Organize and run some of the orientation sessions for new students. (Student Life Guidance, Course Registration Q&A Session, etc.)
- Plan and manage welcome events and projects that provide support for new students.
- Other activities as required.
3. Activity Schedule
- FLAG Meeting: Wed, January 19, 6th Period, 18：00-19：40
- FLAG Training Session: Thu, March 3 and Fri, March 4 (all day)
- Orientation Preparation: Mon, March 7 – Mon, March 28 (weekdays 10:00-16:00)
- Orientation: Tue, March 29 – Fri, April 8 (all day)
- Review Meeting: Fri, April 8 (Tentative)
※In principle, FLAG activities will take place on campus in a face-to-face capacity, however, there is the possibility that FLAG activities could switch to an online or hybrid (on-campus & online) capacity depending on the coronavirus situation at the time.
Approximately 18 students
5. Participation Requirements
Applicants must meet all the following conditions:
- Must be a regular undergraduate student (Graduate students who received their undergraduate degree from APU are eligible to apply. Short-term exchange students are not eligible).
- Must be able to attend all activities listed in the activity schedule above.
- Must be able to communicate in both English and Japanese.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude and be willing to assume responsibilities until FLAG ends.
- Must be able to come to campus to participate in face-to-face FLAG activities. (It is possible to participate in the Jan. 19 FLAG meeting online.) Students who are not in Japan at the present time must be able to come to Japan as soon as they are given permission to enter. (You do not have to be in Japan when applying.)
6. Application Schedule
Step 1: Watch the FLAG Recruiting Guidance on the FLAG Facebook page.
(FLAG Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/APUFLAG)
Guidance will be held via Facebook Live in 2nd Period (10:35~) on Wednesday, November 17th.
* The guidance video will remain on the FLAG Facebook page and will also be posted to the Student Office’s Instagram account. Students unable to watch the actual livestream may view it on either account at a time that suits them.
* 2022 Spring Semester FLAG duties will differ from those in previous semesters. Students who did not watch the guidance session are able to apply, however, please be aware of what is expected of FLAG members prior to applying.
Step 2: Online Application
Complete the online survey by 16:30 on Wednesday, December 1.
* The website address will be announced on Wednesday, November 17th on Campus Terminal as well as the Student Office website.
● Results will be announced Thursday, December 9. Notification will be sent to the Action Required section of your Campus Terminal account.
Step 3: Interview
Applicant interviews will take place from Wednesday, December 15 to Friday, December 17 between the 2nd and 5th periods.
● Final results will be announced Wednesday, January 12. Notification will be sent to the Action Required section of your Campus Terminal account.
Remuneration will be paid to FLAG members who successfully complete all the required activities, however, please be aware that this is not a part-time job when applying.
Student Office／Academic Office