Now Recruiting 2023 Spring FLAG Members!
We are currently recruiting students for FLAG (Fellow Advisory Group; new student orientation leaders) for 2023 Spring Semester. If you would like to help new students and share your experiences here at APU, please attend one of the guidance sessions and submit your application before the deadline.
1. Role of FLAG
Provide support to new students to help them ease into college life and the environment at APU.
- Organize and run some of the orientation sessions for new students. (Student Life Guidance, Course Registration Q&A Session, etc.)
- Plan and manage welcome events and projects that provide support for new students.
- Other activities as required.
3. Activity Schedule
- FLAG Meeting: Wed, January 18, 6th Period, 18：00-19：40
- FLAG Training Session: Thu, March 2 and Fri, March 3 (all day)
- Orientation Preparation: Mon, March 6 – Tue, March 28 (weekdays 10:00-16:30)
- Orientation: Wed, March 29 – Fri, April 7 (all day)
- Review Meeting: Fri, April 7 (Tentative)
※FLAG activities will take place on campus in a face-to-face capacity, however, there is the possibility that FLAG activities could switch to an online or hybrid (on-campus & online) capacity depending on the coronavirus situation at the time.
Approximately 20 students
5. Participation Requirements
Applicants must meet all the following conditions:
- Must be a regular undergraduate student (Graduate students who received their undergraduate degree from APU are eligible to apply. Short-term exchange students are not eligible).
- Must be able to attend all activities listed in the activity schedule above.
- Must be able to communicate in both English and Japanese.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude and be willing to assume responsibilities until FLAG ends.
- Must be able to come to campus to participate in face-to-face FLAG activities including the first meeting in January.
- Students with valid work permits (international students only)
6. Application Schedule
Step 1: Attend the FLAG Recruiting Guidance on Zoom.
Monday, November 14, 6th Period (6pm~)
Wednesday, November 16, 3pm-
Zoom ID: 962 8490 4361 URL: https://weareapu.zoom.us/j/96284904361
* The guidance video will remain on the FLAG Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/APUFLAG). Students unable to watch the actual livestream may watch the archived guidance session on the FLAG Facebook page.
* 2023 Spring Semester FLAG duties will differ from those in previous semesters. Students who did not watch the guidance session are able to apply, however, please be aware of what is expected of FLAG members prior to applying.
Step 2: Online Application
Complete the online survey by 9:00 on Monday, November 28.
*The survey will open after the guidance session on Nov 14th
- Results will be announced Tuesday, December 6. Notification will be sent to the Action Required section of your Campus Terminal account.
Step 3: Interview
Applicant interviews will take place in one of the slots from Wednesday, December 14 to Friday, December 16, between the 2nd and 5th periods.
- Final results will be announced Wednesday, December 21. Notification will be sent to the Action Required section of your Campus Terminal account.
- Remuneration will be paid to FLAG members who successfully complete all the required activities, however, please be aware that this is not a part-time job when applying.
FLAG Facebook APUFLAG https://www.facebook.com/APUFLAG
Instagram @apuflag https://www.instagram.com/apuflag/