Type B: Selected Project
Updated: August 4, 2021
Take advantage of the unlimited possibilities you have NOW as a university student! Make your original ideas come to life!
Project B helps bring students’ unique project ideas to life!
Given the current COVID-19 pandemic, your ideas for projects that would contribute to solving social problems or respond to the needs of students are needed now more than ever.
We are serious about providing you with the support needed to keep you excited and motivated!
Currently accepting Project B consultation requests! Start thinking about unique project ideas!
Project B (Event and Project Support System: Selected Project) will take your unique ideas and transform them into a rewarding project to tackle. Some changes have been made to Project B this year to make it easier for students to work within the Project B framework and its requirements. Take advantage of the unlimited possibilities you have as a university student and start thinking on your own and together with friends about an original project you want to see get off the ground. You will have the full support of the university along the way!
Unique Features of Project B
- Outstanding and creative student-led projects. Groups will be asked to give a presentation on their project proposal in a public setting as part of the selection process.
- Selected groups will receive tremendous support from the university until their projects finish in August 2022. APU will promote and publicize selected groups’ projects, provide subsidies to help offset project costs, and offer training workshops and feedback to ensure that groups are able to successfully complete their projects!
- Groups must be composed of at least 3 people. Although it is not a requirement, it is preferred that each group has at least 2 nationalities represented. Clubs and circles may apply.
3 Merits of Project B
- Possible to receive a maximum of 500,000 yen in subsidies!
- Ample opportunities for project publicity via the University website and SNS accounts in addition to opportunities to present on your project and its progress.
- Priority given to Project B groups when reserving university facilities and equipment!
- Pre-Application Consultation Period: Before October 18 (Mon) (Office hour only)
- 2021 Fall Semester Application Period: Oct.6 (Wed)～Oct.18 (Mon)
Project B Guidance Sessions (Conducted via Zoom. No reservation needed.):
Oct. 6 (Wed) Japanese 12:30-13:00 English 13:15-13:45
- Consultations possible until Monday, October 18. Office Hours: Mon～Fri 10:00～16:30, Tuesdays only: 13:00~16:30
※Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a consultation slot. Emails should be sent at least 3 business days prior to the date you would like to schedule your consultation. Please include multiple dates and times you would be available in the email.
※Please read through the application guidelines prior to consulting with staff.
- Consultation Methods:
- Zoom or face to face (Student Office: 1st floor, A Building)
- Facebook Messenger (Consultations via the Messenger phone and video options are also available.)
- Time：Maximum of 30 minutes per consultation.
The application guidelines
- Please refer to the application guideline (PDF).
- List of the List of the AY 2021 Selected Projects (PDF)
- List of the List of the AY 2020 Selected Projects (PDF)
- Record final presentation of AY 2020 Selected Projects
- List of the List of the AY 2019 Selected Projects (PDF)
- Activity reports for current project groups (Facebook)