Type B: Selected Project
Updated: April 12, 2021
Take advantage of the unlimited possibilities you have NOW as a university student! Make your original ideas come to life!
Project B helps bring students’ unique project ideas to life! Various changes have been made to Project B from AY2020 to make it easier for students to work within its framework and successfully complete their projects.
Given the current COVID-19 pandemic, your ideas for projects that would contribute to solving social problems or respond to the needs of students are needed now more than ever.
We are serious about providing you with the support needed to keep you excited and motivated!
Spring Semester: Apr. 12 (Mon) ~ Apr. 26(Mon)
Fall Semester: Oct. 6 (Wed) ~ Oct. 18 (Mon) *Tentative
Groups selected for Project B now have until March 2022 to complete their project.
Currently accepting Project B consultation requests! Start thinking about unique project ideas!
Project B (Event and Project Support System: Selected Project) will take your unique ideas and transform them into a rewarding project to tackle. Some changes have been made to Project B this year to make it easier for students to work within the Project B framework and its requirements. Take advantage of the unlimited possibilities you have as a university student and start thinking on your own and together with friends about an original project you want to see get off the ground. You will have the full support of the university along the way!
Unique Features of Project B
- Outstanding and creative student-led projects. Groups will be asked to give a presentation on their project proposal in a public setting as part of the selection process.
- Selected groups will receive tremendous support from the university until their projects finish in March 2022. APU will promote and publicize selected groups’ projects, provide subsidies to help offset project costs, and offer training workshops and feedback to ensure that groups are able to successfully complete their projects!
- Groups must be composed of at least 3 people. Although it is not a requirement, it is preferred that each group has at least 2 nationalities represented. Clubs and circles may apply.
3 Merits of Project B
- Possible to receive a maximum of 500,000 yen in subsidies!
- Ample opportunities for project publicity via the University website and SNS accounts in addition to opportunities to present on your project and its progress.
- Priority given to Project B groups when reserving university facilities and equipment!
- Pre-Application Consultation Period: Before April 26(Mon) (Consultations are limited to Student Office weekday business hours. Consultations are not possible on weekends or national holidays.)
- 2021 Spring Semester Application Period: Apr. 12 (Mon) ~ Apr. 26 (Mon)
Project B Guidance Sessions (Conducted via Zoom. No reservation needed.):
Apr. 14 (Wed) Japanese 14:00-, English 16:00-
2020 Fall Semester Project B Guidance Video
It is now possible to watch online guidance session held in English at the link below.
Guidance Video Link: https://youtu.be/XnslPlysUng
This is a chance to speak directly with Student Office staff and ask the most minor of questions or major ones concerning your application contents! We encourage students to make the most of this consultation period as the quality of your application should improve with the feedback and advice you receive.
- Pre-Application Consultation Period: - Application Deadline (Consultations are limited to Student Office weekday business hours: Mon-Fri 10:00-16:30, 13:00-16:30 on Tuesdays only)
- Consultations are limited to a maximum of 30 minutes at a time.
- Consultations can be done via Zoom.
- Students who prefer to consult via Zoom must make an advance reservation.
If you prefer to make a reservation, send an email to email@example.com
Messenger with multiple dates and times you are available.
Please refer to the application guidelines
- Please refer to the application guideline (PDF).
- List of the List of the AY 2020 Selected Projects (PDF)
- Promotional video of AY 2020 Selected Projects
- Record final presentation of AY 2020 Selected Projects
- List of the List of the AY 2019 Selected Projects (PDF)
- Activity reports for current project groups (Facebook)