Spring 2023 SAS Student Staff Recruiting!!
1. Staff Roles
Student Activity Station (SAS) student staff activities are as follows. It is possible that new activities may be added to the list over the course of the year. SAS is looking for flexible and proactive students who are willing to work on a wide variety of programs.
- (1) Activities for APU students:
- ① Plan and organize town walking tours and workshops for those new to local exchange.
- ② Other tasks requested by the Student Office
- (2) Activities for local citizens (both adults and children):
- ① Plan and organize English classes
- ② Plan and organize culture classes
- ③ Plan and organize exchange programs
- ④ Other tasks requested by the Student Office
2. Number of Open Positions: Approximately five
3. Eligibility Requirements
Students who meet all of the following requirements.
- (1) Have an interest in doing local exchange activities and contributing to the local community.
- (2) Able to attend all of the dates in the selection process.
- (3) Able to work on the dates and times below.
- ① 14:30 - 17:00 every Wednesday during the semester. Activities will be held in-person.
- ② Days when SAS will be holding an event (Events may be held on weekends as well as on weekdays.)
- (4) English-basis students must be able to speak at least conversational Japanese.
- (5) International students must have a work permit.
- (6) Able to participate in the SAS online meeting from 15:30 to 17:00 on Wed, January 18, 2022.
- (7) Able to join the SAS training session from Sat, April 8 and Sun, April 9, 2023.
4. Contract Period
Minimum one year. (We welcome applicants who can participate for more than one year!)
Please note that a SAS member's contract can be terminated at any time for the following reasons:
- (1) Being late or absent on SAS working days without notice and without showing efforts to improve.
- (2) Other cases where the Student Office deems it necessary to disqualify a member of SAS.
5. Remuneration for SAS Student Staff
- (1) SAS events recognized by the Student Office and Local Exchange Workshop for APU Students:
1,000 yen “QUO card” gift voucher per person per workshop (includes preparation time)
6. Application Period and Application Method
- Attend the recruitment guidance session on Wed, December 7 at 16:30.
- [Place] F102 or ZOOM(https://weareapu.zoom.us/j/99858597544)
- ※Video of the guidance session can be viewed on the SAS Facebook and Instagram accounts, for students who did not attend the online guidance session. Please note that students who attended the guidance will be given preference in the selection process.
SAS Facebook : APU SAS , Instagram : apu.sas
First selection: Application screening (online application): Wed, December 7 – Mon, December 19 (9:00 am)
*The survey will be available from Wednesday, December 7 after the “Recruitment Guidance Session.”
- First selection results: Results will be sent to the applicant’s Action Required section on Campus Terminal on Fri, December 23
Second selection: Interviews: Wed, January 11 – Thu, January 12, 2023
* SAS does events in cooperation with members from the local community, so SAS members need to be able to speak Japanese. The interview will be conducted in Japanese to verify applicants’ Japanese skill level.
- Selection results: Results will be sent to applicants’ Action Required section on Campus Terminal on Mon, January 16, 2023
- Meet with current SAS staff: Wed, January 18, 2023 16:00 to 17:00
7. Contact Information