Spring 2022 SAS Student Staff Recruiting!!
1. Staff Roles
Student Activity Station (SAS) student staff will be engaged in the activities below. Some new activities may be added to the list during the course of the year. SAS is looking for students who are willing to work on a wide variety of programs while being flexible and proactive.
- (1) Activities for APU students
- ① Plan and organize town walking tours and workshops for those new to local exchange.
- ② Other tasks requested by the Student Office
- (2) Activities for local citizens (both adults and children)
- ① Plan and organize English classes
- ② Plan and organize culture classes
- ③ Plan and organize exchange programs (e.g., outdoor exchanges)
- ④ Other tasks requested by the Student Office
2. Number of open positions: Approximately five
3. Eligibility requirements
Students who meet all of the following requirements.
- (1) Have an interest in doing local exchange activities and contributing to the local community.
- (2) Able to attend all of the dates in the selection process.
- (3) Able to work on the dates and times below.
- ① 14:30 - 17:00 every Wednesday during the semester. Activities will be held both online and in-person.
- ② Days when SAS will be holding an event (Events may be held on weekends as well as on weekdays.)
- (4) English-basis students must be able to speak at least conversational Japanese.
- (5) International students must have a work permit.
(6) Able to participate in the SAS meeting from 16:00 to 17:00 on Wed, Jan 19, 2022.
* It will be held both online and in-person
(7) Able to join the SAS Training Session from Sat, April 9 to Sat, April 10, 2022.
* Please note that changes may be made to the training session contents depending on the state of the coronavirus pandemic at the time.
4. Contract period
Minimum one year. (Applicants who can participate for more than one year are desired.)
Please note: A SAS member's contract can be terminated at any time if any of the following circumstances occur:
- (1) Being late or absent on SAS working days without notice and without showing efforts to improve.
- (2) Other cases where the Student Office deems it necessary to disqualify a member of SAS.
5. Remuneration for SAS Student Staff
(1) SAS events recognized by the Student Office and Local Exchange Guidance Session for APU Students:
1,000 yen "Tosho" Book Gift Card per person per workshop (includes preparation time)
6. Application period and Application method
ttend the guidance session on Wed, December 15, 15:00～16:00 in-person (F201) and online (Zoom ID: 987 3599 4234)
We will upload the Guidance video on Fri, December 17 on Facebook and Instagram.
*Students who attend the guidance will receive preference during the selection process.
However, if you have classes during your guidance time, your classes will take priority and you should indicate on your application form that you have classes.
First selection: Application screening (online application): Wed, December, 15- Wed, December 22, 12：00.
* The survey will be available from Wednesday, December 15 after the “Recruitment Guidance Session.”
- First selection results: Results will be sent to the applicant’s Action Required section on Campus Terminal on Fri, January 7.
Second selection: Interviews: Wed, January 12 – Thu, January 13.
* SAS does events in cooperation with members from the local community. SAS members need to be able to speak Japanese. The interview will be conducted in Japanese to verify the Japanese abilities of the applicants.
- Selection results: Results will be sent to the applicant’s Action Required section on Campus Terminal on Mon, January 17.
- Meet with current SAS staff: Wed, January 19, 16:00～17:00
7. Contact Information
Mr.Shimonokado, Mr.Kuwano, Ms.Inoue,
We are looking forward to your applications!