What is the Multimedia Room?
The Multimedia Room (MMR) is a place where students can work on reports and presentations for classes and run internet searches. The MMR is equipped with copy machines that both copy and print, and also with a scanner.
Access and Hours
The Multimedia Room is located on the first floor of the Library. In order to use this facility, please enter through the main entry gate of the Library.
In principle the Multimedia Room follows the library’s hours of operation, but on Wednesdays only we will open at 10:00, due to maintenance.
However, on Library Maintenance Days the library opens at 13:00, so the Multimedia Room will also open at 13:00.
*The library schedule can be found here.
Please note, the multimedia room may be closed at other times as well, for maintenance.
Important Note regarding MMR Use
The Multimedia Room (MMR) is a shared information facility used by students, faculty and staff. Please observe the following rules so that everyone will have a pleasant experience using the MMR.
Those who fail to observe the following rules will be banned from the Multimedia Room (MMR).
Multimedia Room (MMR) Rules
- No unnecessary talking.
- No eating.
- No drinks in paper cups or cans are permitted in the MMR. Drinks in plastic “PET” bottles are permitted in the MMR, but they must be kept inside your bag. Setting them on desks is not permitted.
- Mobile phones must be switched to silent mode (“manner mode”) and MMR users should avoid using mobile phones while in the MMR. Charging mobile phones in the MMR is forbidden.
- No loud voices. (Please refrain from online chatting or meetings, etc.)
- Do not move or disconnect any equipment without permission.
- It is not permitted to connect personal notebook computers to the network cables in the MMR.
- Other students are also using the MMR. Please do not lock the computer or save a space by leaving your personal belongings there for longer than 15 minutes.
- No computer games are permitted in the MMR.
- Any other behavior which could disturb others or cause damage to the facility or its equipment is forbidden.