AP Conference Application Process
Confirm application eligibility
Presenters’ Application deadline: June 30
Screening result notification by email: July
- (Graduate school students who apply only)Full conference paper submission for Best Papwer Award
Here is the Guidelines. Deadline: August 31
Timetable and Program announced :November
Asia Pacific Conference: December 2(Sat) - 3(Sun)
Guidelines for Audience
- Participation fee:
- No charge
- Please begin your application from “Application Form for Audience”. Your participation without application will also be welcomed.
- December 3rd
- This is going to be held in persons.
Guidelines for Presenters
- Application Deadline (Submission of Abstracts)
June 30 Presenter’s Application for AY2023 has closed. The one for AY2024 is scheduled to open in April, 2024.
- General Rules
- A participant can present only one (1) paper.
- The AP Conference secretariat checks all manuscripts with Turnitin software to make sure they are original and that citations have been properly done and placed in the References section.
- Presentation language is either English or Japanese.
- The presentation could be made by an individual or by a pre-formed panel (group).
- If applying as a pre-formed panel, the representative applies on their behalf. Each panel is limited to four presenters.
- Master’s students and undergraduates may be separated from general panels according to the contents of their applications.
- Presenters cannot specify their presentation time or day.
- Participation Method
The conference will be held in face-to-face.
- Research Field
Please select the most relevant research field to your topic.
A Development F Linguistics/Education B Economics/Business/Management G Natural Science
H Social Sciences (anthropology/cultural studies/sociology) D Information/Communication Technologies I Tourism E International Relations/Law/Politics J Others
- The Announcement of Abstract Acceptance
- All submitted abstracts will be screened.
- Screening results are scheduled to be notified to your registered email address in July.
- The date and time of the presentation will be announced in October.
- How to Submit
- Accepted by online registration on this website.
- In the case of pre-formed panels, it is possible to have a maximum of four presenters per panel. Presentation time is 100 minutes (1 hour and 40 minutes).
- Submit an abstract in the language of presentation at most 400 words in Japanese, and 150-200 words by APA style in English.
- An abstract should Include (1) Purpose of research, (2) Methodology and results, and (3) Conclusion and relevance.
- Correction and Deletion after the Submission
You cannot modify what you have registered after the deadline.
- Submit your application early, as internet traffic may be heavy just before the deadline. The secretariat assumes no responsibility for incomplete registrations resulting from network congestion.
- The secretariat does not hold any responsibility for any mistakes made by an applicant. Make sure that contents are correct before pressing the registration button.
- Only for those whose abstract passed the screening. Audience without presenting their papers will not be charged.
- Non-APU participants (excluding students): ¥14,000
- Non-APU participants (Students) : ¥7,000
- APU participants (excluding students): ¥7,000
- APU Students: ¥0
- Payment fee is separately required.
- Once paid, the registration fee cannot be refunded for any reason.
- Co-authors who will attend the conference to present a paper with a main author (first author) are required to pay the registration fee individually.
- The fee is decided based on information as of June 30 2023.
Successful applicants will receive information on how to pay the registration fee with their acceptance notice.
Best Paper Award (Only for Graduate Students)
Book Writing Workshop
Ritsumeikan Journal of Asia Pacific Studies
“Ritsumeikan Journal of Asia Pacific Studies,” an academic journal published by RCAPS, is accepting papers by AP Conference presenters. If you are interested, please check the Contribution Guidelines on the relevant webpage.