General Public Users
Use of the APU Library by the General Public Users
1.The APU Library is open to members of the general public who wish to use the facility for their study or research purposes.
The library may be used under these conditions.
- ①You live in or commute to Oita Prefecture and are aged 18 or older, or you attend high school in Oita Prefecture. You will need to complete a user registration and have a library card made prior to use.
- ②You are attending a school which is a member of the Kyushu Regional University Library Association You can access the APU library with your student or faculty ID card. (If you live in Oita Prefecture or are affiliated with a school in Oita Prefecture and wish to borrow materials, please see [How to use the APU Library] below.
- ③If you do not fall under (1) or (2) above but wish to borrow materials:
Please consult with your university library or your nearest local library to have a reference letter written for you.
2.Requesting Library Tours
Please bring ID showing proof of address with you.
You will need to present your ID and complete an "Application Form of Admission for Library" at the library counter.
How to use the APU Library
Anyone residing or working in Oita Prefecture who is 18 years old or older.
Documents required when applying for a Library Card
Please bring the following to the Service Counter. Please note the person applying for the card should be there in person.
Document to confirm your eligibility
- An official document such as a resident card, a driver's license, a certificate of residence (within one month of issued date), health insurance card
*Note: Passports will not be accepted
- A photocopy of the official document listed above (including your address)
- 1 photograph (3cm x 2.5cm)
- A return envelope (with an 84 yen stamp, your name, address, and post code written).
- Library Card Application Form
＊High school students only
Student ID or other identification showing which school you currently attend.
Valid until 31st March of the following Academic Year
- Reading, photocopying, and loan of APU Library materials (up to 3 books for 14 days)
NB: Materials marked "館内(For Library Use Only)" are for reading and copying only in the library and may not be taken out.
- Information on library use and reference service on how to use and search for literature.
- We might ask you to refrain from the use of the library when it is crowded including examination period. Thank you for your understanding in advance.
Services Not Available
- Inter-Library Loan service (referring users to other institutions or ordering books for them)
- Certain search services such as literature search on behalf of users, making inquiries to other institutions, book searches via external databases and telephone calls on behalf of the person.
- Requesting to purchase materials not available at APU Library.
- Use of the presentation room, group study rooms and study booths.
- Borrowing books from the Reserve Corner.
The following activities are prohibited in the library. Your right to use the library may be denied if you are found doing of the following:
- Watching or listening to videos and audio-tapes brought from outside the library.
- Bringing children and or infants to the library
- Smoking, eating, drinking, chatting, reading aloud in the library.
- Lending library cards or loaned materials to others.
- Conducting any annoying behavior toward other users
- Unauthorized check-out of materials from the library
- Any acts against public order and standards of decency
- Any other acts prohibited by the regulations of APU Library
- Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University Library
- 1-1 Jumonjibaru, Beppu, Oita 874-8577, Japan