|GPA||IELTS||TOEFL ibt||TOEFL ITP|
- Business Administration
- Fashion & Design
- International Relations
- Media Studies
Jakarta! Welcome to our exciting mega-city! While preserving many cultural interests unique to our city and Indonesia, you can find almost all the modern amenities of other large prominent cities here.
Fun Facts About Jakarta:
- 1. Jakarta is located on the Indonesian island of Java.
- 2. It is the capital and the largest city in Indonesia.
- 3. Jakarta officially is not a city. It is a province that has been given the special status of being the capital.
- 4. The number of people residing in greater Jakarta is estimated at 23 million, making it the fourth-largest urban area in the world.
- 5. There are about 13 rivers flowing through Jakarta. The most important river is the Ciliwung River, which divides the city into two parts: the western and eastern hemispheres.
- 6. Jakarta was once part of the Dutch East India Company and gained its independence in 1945.
- 7. Jakarta is sometimes called “The Big Durian” by foreign residents in the city.
- 8. Jakarta provides the gateway to many islands, which offer different cultures, jungles, beaches, and adventures.
- 9. Jakarta can be divided into three sections – the old town in the north, with Javanese, Chinese, and Arab quarters; central Jakarta, with high-rise buildings; and a modern residential garden suburb in the south.
- 10. Before Jakarta earned the name it has today, it was initially named Sunda Kelapa, Jayakarta, Batavia, and Djakarta.
Please visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKRlchrOWNc&t=4s and let us give you a glimpse of what you can experience in Jakarta
BINUS UNIVERSITY is a leading private university in Indonesia, especially strong in computing, business, design, and communication courses which are delivered fully in English with joint degree tracks in cooperation with excellent UK, Australian, and European universities. BINUS UNIVERSITY hosts over 700 international students annually from 35 countries including different parts of Asia, Africa, Europe, and the Middle East. BINUS is included in QS World University Rankings 2022 and Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2022 as one of the top universities in Indonesia. Our degrees and life in Indonesia are affordable while offering all the networking perks of international programs in a metropolitan city with a vibrant digital economy.
The university operates on multiple campuses within the Greater Jakarta Region and in Bandung and Malang which include Alam Sutera Campus, Bekasi Campus, Kemanggisan Campus and Senayan Campus.
*Find out more about the exchange destination from other students by reading the Student Exchange Reports below.Student Exchange Reports (XLSX)