- Eating, Smoking, Chatting, and Reading out load is prohibited in the library.
There is one place in the library where drinks are allowed. Please check the detail in the library.
- If you would like to borrow a book, please make sure to complete the loans procedure.
(If you have not completed the process, an alarm will go off when exiting the library with the item).
- Using cellular phones on the 2nd floor is prohibited.
- When using your phone for online search purposes, please ensure that you do not bother others while doing so.
- Please do not lend an item you have borrowed from the library to somebody else. It leads to items going missing.
- Please keep an eye on your own belongings.
- Library materials are common property of APU members. Please handle with care. If you lose, dirty, or damage property of the library for any reason, please speak to someone at the counter. As a general rule, you will be asked to replace the item. When it is difficult to replace the item, because it is out-of-print or for any other reason, you may be asked to pay the cost of the item.
- Please observe all copyright laws when making copies of any items in the library.
Copying Library Material
Photocopies, within copyright laws, can be made in the library.
- Partial photocopying of copyrighted work, not the whole work, is allowed.
- Full copies of an article in a periodical, are allowed so long as a considerate amount of time has passed since its publication (the next issue of the periodical is out, or it has been at least 3 months since its publication).
- There is a limit of 1 copy of an item per person
- Copies should be made for the purposes of one’s own research.
- Copies should not be distributed or recopied under no circumstances.