Message from the Director
Center for Digital Disruption Innovation Technologies (DDIT) is an initiative by a group of researchers in Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University, Onsen Health Academy (OHA) Association in Beppu, and Food Roads Organic Network (FRONe) association in Kagoshima with their global collaborative partners to promote open digital innovation in the region especially in the areas of HEAT - Health, Environment, Agriculture, and Tourism. To accomplish this task, DDIT is blessed with APU's resourceful multinational student community and researchers, venture business entrepreneurs, and ambassadors for international markets, amongst strong backing by the dedicated research and industrial partners in Japan and overseas.
DDIT will address highly timely need of the region, through which industries in Kyushu can expand globally by adopting state of art digital technologies to enhance and innovate new products and services. DDIT also focuses on the JSLIP (Japan Sri Lanka Joint Comprehensive Partnership) initiative to foster industrial collaboration between Beppu and Kanoya Cities in Japan with Kandy City Sri Lanka. DDIT plays a core in AP-HEAT-IT consortium to incubates digital disruption technologies for its collaborators with the support of diverse international student and faculty body who can promote global technology fusion profusely. In that, DDIT can share seamlessly among its core partners OHA, FRONe, Asian Natural Medicine Research Collaboratory (ANMRC), and JSLIP to promote open innovation in the region especially in the areas of HEAT - Health, Environment, Agriculture, and Tourism.
Director, Center for Digital Disruptive Innovation Technologies (DDIT)
Purpose of the Center
Disruptive Digital Technology Innovation that creates a base for the next big wave of enterprise disruption is a
paradigm that leverages artificial intelligence (AI) technologies augmented by enhanced information resource
authoring, sharing, and visualization via human-computer mutual interaction. In that, fast-emerging digital ecosystems
and the businesses that power digital disruption are already straddling markets and blurring industry boundaries and
transform knowledge into wealth through synergetic effects of digital open research and innovation.
DDIT focuses in empowering societies and industries in the region to upgrade some of the most HEATed business areas in this year- Health, Environment, Agriculture, and Tourism.
Main activities AY2020
(2020-August) Creating a framework of online Japanese Language teaching for overseas participants.
Partners: DDIT, Food Roads organic network Association, Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University Venture Business program
(2020-April): Development an Agri-photonics system for strawberry faming in closed environments
Partners: DDIT, Rentec Corporation Ltd., Life Corporation Ltd., Food Roads organic network Association.
Events: (2020 – Sep) Workshop on Agro-photonic systems in closed environments (zoom based hybrid), Handa-City, Aichi Prefecture, Japan.
(2020-April): Evaluating the affect of Hotspring Algae (RG92) in human pain care.
Partners: DDIT, SARABiO Onsen Probiotic Lab.co.Ltd., Advance Microbiology Research Laboratory, Sri Lanka, University of Peradeniya – Sri Lanka
- (Since 2020-January): Initiative towards developing online courses and accreditation for local business in Oita Prefecture in the healthcare field with partners Onsen Health Academy (OHA) and overseas partners such as Olsson Stout Investments, Institute for Tourism Leadership Australia
- Cooper, M. (2021). South Korea’s System of Protected Areas and Nature-based tourism. In Mountainous Protected Areas in North and South East Asia: A Trans-regional Review of Parks & Nature-based Tourism. Edited by T. E. Jones. New York: Springer (In press).
- Cooper, M., M. Aslam., A. Gnanapala, and T. Gamage (Eds). (2020) Managerial Dilemmas in Developing Countries: Business, Marketing, Finance, and Tourism. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- William Claster, (2020), Mathematics and Programming for Machine Learning with R 1st Edition, CRC Press; 1st edition (October 27, 2020) ISBN-13 : 978-0367507855
- Nishantha Giguruwa (2020), Hiyuga Miura Patent for inventing a Drug administration device, its operation method, and supporter (Japan patent No: 6778973)
|NISHANTHA Giguruwa||Professor||Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University||College of Asia Pacific Studies|
|MEIRMANOV Serik||Professor||Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University||College of Asia Pacific Studies|
|COOPER Malcom||Professor Emeritus||Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University||College of Asia Pacific Studies|
|CLASTER William||Professor||Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University||College of International Management|