We are not accepting inquiries about tuition by phone. Please read the following explanation, and if you have any questions, please contact us at one of the email addresses below.
Click here for Q&A concerning the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on tuition.
APU tuition is composed of admission fees, Tuition A (the base tuition that is the same for all students regardless of year level) and Tuition B (which varies depending on the year level of the student). Failure to pay any portion of tuition by the deadline will result in withdrawal for nonpayment of tuition fees, and credits will not be recognized for that semester. Please be sure to make all tuition payments by the deadline. When receiving funds from overseas, some Japanese banks may require the recipients to complete certain procedures (such as confirming their identity). These procedures can take a few days to complete, so be sure to make arrangements to receive funds ahead of the tuition payment deadline.
* Note: Tuition cannot be paid in installments.
Tuition amounts differ depending your year of enrollment and year level. Please confirm your amounts from the links below.
Tuition must be paid in full every semester. Failure to pay the entire amount of tuition by the deadline will result in withdrawal from APU for nonpayment of tuition fees. Once paid, tuition fees cannot be reimbursed for any reason whatsoever.
|Semester||Payment deadline||Extended payment deadline*|
|Spring semester||June 30||July 31|
|Fall semester||December 25||January 31|
* Extended payment deadlines only apply to individuals as unable to pay tuition by the payment deadline because of economic hardship.
From AY2021 *Note: Payment deadlines will change starting in AY2021
|Spring semester||May 31|
|Fall semester||November 30|
* Caution: Payment deadline extensions will no longer be permitted.
Scheduled timing of invoice mailing
|Year||Spring semester||Fall semester|
|Tuition A||Tuition B||Tuition A||Tuition B|
|1st semester (New students)||Already paid at the time of admission||Mid May||Already paid at the time of admission||Early November|
|2nd - 8th semesters||Mid May||Early November|
|9th semester and above||Mid May||Late June||Early November||Mid December|
*Note: The scheduled timing of invoice mailing indicated above is subject to change.
The timing of invoice mailing for Tuition A and Tuition B differs for students in their ninth semester or higher. These students will be issued invoices for Tuition B once the amount has been finalized after Course Registration Correction Period B. Please calculate the amount you will owe and prepare the necessary funds in advance.
* The amount of Tuition B is determined by the number of registered credits.
There are two ways to pay tuition.
1. Pay by automatic transfer from your JP Bank (Post Office) account
|Check the withdrawal notice and deposit the amount of tuition owed at least one day before the deadline.||If you choose to make a transfer at a bank window, a fee of ¥880 will apply. (No fees apply for transfers between SMBC accounts). The JP Bank fee for automatic transfer is ¥10, and you do not have to go to the bank in person.|
If you want to use automatic transfer, you must go to your nearest JP Bank and complete the necessary procedures in advance.
The account holder submits an application for automatic transfer at their nearest JP Bank
JP Bank processes the request and sets up the account for automatic withdrawal (this takes 1 - 2 months)
JP Bank notifies the account holder that their account has been set up for automatic transfers to APU
* If a transfer cannot be made due to insufficient funds, another attempt will be made about one week later. If the transfer cannot be made the second time, fees must be paid in person at the bank window. A withdrawal will not be made on the extended payment deadline.
2. Pay at a bank using the information sent by the university(including overseas remittance)
Take the information sent by APU every semester to the bank window and ask to make a transfer.
APU Bank Account for Tuition Payments
Bank name: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
Branch name: Oita (721)
Account type: Futsu (Regular)
Account no.: 1001659
Account name: Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University, The Ritsumeikan Trust
IBAN／JP28 SMBC 0721 XXX2 4029 0868
* Japanese Yen only allowed. Please note that the remittance fee is paid by the sender.
To allow us to properly identify who is making the transfer, be sure to enter your student ID number and name on your transfer request.
* The bank may require you to present a form of personal identification (e.g., Residence Card, passport, or driver’s license). Please ask your bank for details.
* If the amount transferred is less than the amount of tuition owed, you will be withdrawn from APU for nonpayment of tuition fees.
※１：If you lost your tuition invoice, please come to the Student Office in person and fill out a reissue application. Once we confirm your name and student ID number, we can issue you with a new one either by post or over the counter.
※２：If your tuition invoice has not been delivered to your address two weeks prior to the payment deadline, it has probably been returned to APU by the post office. Please come to the Student Office to pick it up. If you change your address or phone number, please update these details by yourself via Campusmate. If you do not update your address, your invoice will be sent to your old address. If you submit a Change of Address Notice to the post office, you can have your mail forwarded to your new address for one year.