1-1. Credit System
Coursework at APU is based on the credit system. The number of credits earned per course is determined by the Japanese University Establishment Criteria, and is based upon the number of class hours (including study conducted outside of class, homework, etc.).
Students who receive a passing grade in a class for which they are registered receive credits based on the hours completed.
|Course Type||Number of Classes||Number of Credits|
|Lecture Course||14 classes + out-of-class study, homework, etc.||2|
|Language Course||56 classes + out-of-class study, homework, etc.||4|
1-2. Credits and Course Type
|Course Type||Credits||Offered||Classes per Week||Total No. of Classes|
1-3．From Registration to Credit Completion
- 1．Plan your Course of Study
- Looking towards graduation, students should create a study plan while being aware of what they will study over the course of four years.
- 2．Register for Courses
- Please be sure to register for the courses you would like to take during the Course Registration Period.
- 3．Take Courses
- Please carry out course preparation, attendance, and review thoroughly.
- 4．Grade Evaluation
- The professor will provide a grade for daily points (such as participation in class), exams, and reports.
- When a passing grade is obtained, students will receive credits.