To all students planning on graduating in September 2023:
The graduation ceremony scheduled for Friday, September 15, 2023 will be held in person.
Just as in previous years, the ceremony will also be live-streamed on Facebook Live and YouTube Live. (No pre-registration is required. Can be viewed by anyone.)
We hope that you will be able to attend this ceremony and reflect on the memories of your loved ones to share the joy of graduating. We are really looking forward to celebrating this special day, which will be an important start for you all.
The following is very important information about the degree conferral ceremony, so please be sure to read through to the end.
1. Details of Degree Conferral Ceremony
|Date||Friday, September 15, 2023|
*URL for Livestream : 2023 fall Graduation Ceremony - Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (apu.ac.jp)
|Time||12:00 – 15:30 (End Time Tentative)|
|Doors Open (Registration Opens): 11:00|
|Ceremony: 12:00 – 13:00|
|Location||Convention Hall (B-Con Plaza)
12-1 Yamanote-cho, Beppu City, Oita Prefecture
September 2023 Graduates, Family, Guardians,
|Items to be Distributed||
Regarding visa application procedures for family members/guardians coming to Japan, please check the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (go to an external site), and do so at your own risk.
*You must use public transportation. Please avoid coming by personal vehicle.
2. Degree Conferral
- You will have to turn in your Student ID to receive your diploma, so you must bring your Student ID Card.
- Diplomas will be handed out by the representative of each college and graduate school individually to
graduating students. You will not be able to pick up your diploma outside of the times shown below. If you
do not pick up your diploma by the deadline, you have to pick it up at Academic Office or by mail. (Receiving Your Diploma after Graduation | Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (apu.ac.jp)).
College Location Time APS/APM Convention Hall Stage 13:40 – 15:30 (Tentative) GSA/GSM Central Meeting Room 13:40 – 15:00 (Tentative)
＜For those who need to change the name registered in your student record＞
* The name registered in your student record will be shown on your diploma. If you wish to change the name that will appear on your diploma, please contact the Student Office by Thursday, August 31, 16:30. We will be unable to accommodate requests for name changes after this deadline.
＜For those who need Additional Copies of the Graduation Certificate / Transcript in English or Japanese＞
Those who will be Absent
- If you will not attend the ceremony, please check the URL and follow the procedures to have your
degree mailed to you.
*Shipping will be after the day following the degree conferment ceremony.
- Diplomas will be sent to domestic addresses via Sagawa and to international addresses via EMS.
- All shipping fees for the diplomas and certificates will be borne by applicants.
*Items to be Mailed
- Diploma (1 copy)
- Certificate of Graduation/Completion (Japanese and English, 1 copy each)
- Grade Transcript (Japanese and English, 1 copy each)
- Graduation Souvenirs
Division / Specialization Certificate (Japanese and English, 1 copy each)
*Grad students only, limited to those who meet the requirements.
Domestic: Around 1 – 3 days (Hokkaido and outlying islands may take up to one week)
International: Around 2 - 3 weeks
Procedure Checklist for Graduating Students
After graduation, you must carry out various procedures before leaving Beppu.
Please make sure you have enough time to complete them. Click HERE for details (Student Office Website).
Graduation Ceremony Team
TEL：0977-78-1101 ／ FAX：0977-78-1102