2. College Transfer
"Transfer within the University" is a system whereby an APU student,scheduled to proceed to the 2nd or 3rd year level, transfers from the College in which they are currently studying to another College within the University. As a general rule, transfer from a college is only available when there are openings in the other College.
|Transfer from AY 2023 Fall Semester||Transfer from AY 2024 Spring Semester|
|Application MaterialsAvailable||Early June 2023||Late November 2023|
|Application Period||Mon. June 12 - Fri. June 16, 2023||Mon. November 27 - Fri. December 1, 2023|
|Interviews||Mon. June 26 - Fri. June 30, 2023||Wed. January 10 - Tue. January 16, 2024|
|Results Announced||Fri. September 8, 2023||Wed. March 6, 2024|
|Procedure Deadline||Mid September, 2023||Late March, 2024|
|Effective Date ofTransfer||Thu. September 21, 2023||Mon. April 1, 2024|
Application and Screening
- When moving to 2nd year: Apply during 2nd semester
- When moving to 3rd year: Apply during 4th semester
- Transfers at the 2nd year level (2nd semester students): Students must obtain at least 30 credits by the end of their first year of study and maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.50.
- Transfers at the 3rd year level (4th semester students): Students must obtain at least 60 credits by the end of their second year of study and maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.50.
- *Please note that Accelerated Program students cannot apply for transfer at the 3rd year level.
- *Please note that students on Academic Leave cannot apply for transfer.
After completing document screening, there will be an interview held, after which the faculty council will determine whether or not to approve the transfer.
Credit received in your college prior to transfer will be evaluated by the Division of Academic Affairs and transferred. In the new college, the major subject credits from the previous college will be treated as "credits from another college" (with certain exceptions).
- *Once the college transfer has been approved please complete the required procedures within the allowed time. If these procedures are not completed, you will be expelled from the university.
- *College Transfer Application sample (PDF)
- *Only signatures and seals of the actual “primary tuition provider” will be considered valid.
The signature of the “primary tuition provider” (international students only) will be sufficient in
the case that the “primary tuition provider” does not possess a seal (inkan).
The “Application for College Transfer sithin the University” is able to be downloaded prior to the start of the application period. Please make sure that you have your “primary tuition provider” sign the documents so that you are able to submit them during the designated application period.
- College Transfer Fee of 10,000 JPY
- College Transfer Essay
How to Submit
Please submit through Forms here.
- Once you submit your application, you cannot change or cancel it for whatever reason. Please consider your situation carefully before applying.
- The screening schedule cannot be changed at your request for any reason whatsoever.
- If your transfer is approved, you will be removed from the register of your current College on the final day of the semester in question.
- Please conduct the necessary procedures within the prescribed timeframe. If you do not complete procedures by the deadline, your permission for transfer will be revoked and you will be forced to withdraw from your current College at the end of the semester.