APU will be a GIS Analyst course accredited school in AY 2023. Please refer to the "AY 2023 List of Certified Courses" attached for the courses required for acquiring GIS Analyst qualifications. Please also refer to the following information regarding the application process to receive qualifications.
The results of course approval for AY2024 will be announced by the end of March 2024.
What is a GIS Analyst?
A GIS Analyst is a professional who analyzes regions making use of geographic information systems. This profession is applicable to practices in a wide range of fields including city planning and marketing.
- 2023 ST curriculum students
- 2017 APS curriculum students
- 2017 APM curriculum students
AY 2023 List of certified courses
A Category: 038306 Internet Technologies and Applications（2023 ST）
020092 Internet Technology Integration（2017APS/APM）
- B Category: 020038 Introduction to GIS
- C Category: 030273 GIS and Remote Sensing
- D Category: 037156 Graduation Research II（2017APS）
- D Category: 031071 Undergraduate Thesis（2017APM）
*Additional application for the course as an ST Category D course will be carried out during AY 2025.
Process for Acquiring Qualifications
Credits must be earned for courses corresponding to all of [A], [B], [C], and [D].
[Category A: at least 1 credit, Category B: at least 2 credits, Category C: at least 2 credits]
- Credits will be received for Category D courses through writing a graduate thesis using GIS.
- The Association of Japanese Geographers: Please fill out the required information in the application form prescribed by the Qualification Specialist Committee and apply to the Association of Japanese Geographers Qualification Specialist Committee together with the certification fee.
Important Points to Note
- ※Category D courses will include an additional course application for the "Graduation Project" in the future.
- ※Faculty in charge of Category D courses will vary by academic year. Even if a faculty member is able to teach the course, Category D courses may not be offered depending on the academic year. Therefore, if you wish to acquire this qualification, please confirm with the applicable faculty member whether it is possible to write a graduate thesis using GIS before taking the major seminar.