Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University


Student Life

Current Students (Regular enrolled student/study abroad student)

*Students on a leave of absence and those with non-regular student status can apply from here.

Application Procedures

Certificates such as the Certificate of Enrollment and Transcript of Academic Record can be obtained from the automatic certificate dispenser on campus or by using the certificate issuing service (convenience stores/postal mail). Apply via survey if you need a Certificate of Tuition Payment/Scheduled Payment, a Scholarship Certificate, or have other special certificate requests (need the university to fill in a form to be submitted to an external organization, etc.).

Using the Automatic Certificate Dispenser (excluding students on LOA)

Certificates Issued

Locations Operating Hours
Building A, 1st floor Monday-Friday, 08:45 - 18:00
APU Library During opening hours http://www.apu.ac.jp/media/

*You must have a valid student ID to use the automatic certificate dispenser.
*Certificates can be issued using the automatic certificate dispensers located on the Ritsumeikan Tokyo Campus, Osaka Campus and Ritsumeikan University campus. Operating hours may differ for each campus. Please check the respective university website in advance if you plan to use a certificate dispenser on another campus.

Certificate Issuing Service (Convenience Stores / Mail)

Students currently on a leave of absence and graduates are unable to use this service.

Certificates Issued

This service allows students to print out certificates at will using the multifunctional copy machines in convenience stores in Japan (7-ELEVEN, FamilyMart, and Lawson).
*This service is not available at Japanese convenience stores located overseas.

Please request to have the certificate sent by mail in the following cases.

  • You need APU to put the certificate in sealed envelope
  • You need APU to send the certificate directly to an external organization or company

Service Use

How to apply for a certificate

-Log in and select the type of certificate and your preferred method of receipt (either directly at a convenience store or by post). Pay the service charge.

-If you choose to use the certificate issuing service at convenience stores, your certificate will be printed using the multifunctional copy machines in the convenience store you select.
*If you choose to receive a certificate by post, please wait for it to arrive. Certificates are sent out in the order we receive applications and may take some time.

*Transcript of Academic Record that includes AY2022 Spring Semester grades will be available in the afternoon of September 22.

Log in with your APU ID and password. Internet Explorer not supported.

*Service Information

  • Certificates, including the university seal, are printed in black and white, however, are considered by the university to be an official university-issued certificate. The words “copies prohibited” will appear if you attempt to make a copy of a certificate. Although the words may be somewhat visible on the original certificate itself, this does not indicate a printing problem.
  • Service available 24 hours a day/365 days a year
    (Service will be temporarily suspended on April 1 and September 21. There may be additional cases where service is suspended due to system maintenance.)
  • Printing Restrictions
    *Please check the printing deadline in the "Certificate ready to be issued" email you will receive after you apply.
  • Sealed Envelopes
    Please choose to have the certificate mailed to you by post if you need it to be in a sealed envelope.
  • Certificates to be Submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan
    The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan will not accept certificates printed at convenience stores. If you need to submit a certificate to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, please choose to have the university send you the certificate by mail when applying. Additionally, leave a note in the comments section of the application to let the university know that you will be submitting the certificate to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
  • Contact information and service manuals here.

Online Survey Applications

Certificates Issued

Application Procedures

Step1: Submit your application via the online survey

Step2: Pay (e-apply)

★★Tuition Payment Receipts (International students in their second semester at APU or higher) Click here★★

* Students in their first semester at APU should apply for an official certificate of tuition payment. (Survey)

*You will need to complete separate payment procedures (e-apply) after submitting your application.

Certificates issued

Certificate Certificate Dispenser Certificate Issuing Service
(Convenience Store / Mail)
Online Survey
Certificate of Enrollment
Transcript of Academic Record
Certificate of Prospective Graduation/Completion
Health Certificate
Student Discount Certificates
Certificate of Payment/Scheduled Payment
Scholarship Certificate
Teaching Certificate Program
Special Request Certificates

*Certificate of Prospective Graduation/Completion:Issued only to students who have met the graduation/completion assessment criteria.
*Please refer to the Academic Handbook for assessment and criteria details.


Fees Certificate Dispenser Certificate Issuing Service
(Convenience Store)
Certificate Issuing Service (Mail) Online Survey
Issuance fee 200 yen/per copy 200 yen/per copy 200 yen/per copy 200 yen/per copy
System usage fee 250 yen/per use 250 yen/per use
Printing fee 20 yen/per copy
Postage fee Rates below Rates below

*An additional fee will be charged for shipping.

  • Domestic Mail (Letter Pack 370) 370 yen
  • Overseas Mail (EMS etc.)
    First Zone – China, South Korea, Taiwan 1,400 yen
    Second Zone – Asia (excluding China, South Korea, Taiwan) 1,900 yen
    Third Zone – Oceania, Canada, Mexico, Middle East, Europe 3,150 yen
    Fourth Zone – U.S. (including Guam and other U.S. territories) 3,900 yen
    Fifth Zone – Central and South America (excluding Mexico), Africa 3,600 yen

*The EMS fee has been revised effective June 1, 2022.
Refer to the Japan Post website below for details.

Payment Methods

Application Format Available Payment Methods
Automatic Certificate Dispenser University Co-op App or public transportation IC *Please charge your card in advance.
Certificate Issuing Service
(Convenience Stores/Mail)
Credit Card *Please complete the Certificate Issuing Service System payment procedures.
Convenience Store Payment
Application via SURVEY Credit Card *Online payment (e-apply) Click here
Convenience Store Payment
Certificate Stamp *You can purchase a certificate stamp from the automatic certificate dispenser if you will be picking your certificate up at the Student Office.

*Cash and postal money orders will not be accepted.
*We are unable to refund the fee once you have paid. Be sure to confirm your application contents carefully before paying.

Terms of Use

By using the certificate issuing service at convenience stores, you are deemed to have agreed to the following terms of use.
Terms of “Net Print” Service (7-ELEVEN)
* Available in Japanese only
Terms of “Network Print” Service (FamilyMart and LAWSON)
* Available in Japanese only


Please address any inquiries regarding use of the certificate issuing service (convenience store/postal mail) or how to use the multifunctional copy machines, etc to the help desk below.

Uchida Shomeishō Gakugai Hakkō Service Help Desk (Call Center)
0120-954-993 9:00~23:00 (Available weekdays as well as Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays) *Assistance available in Japanese only.

You will be required to provide personal information when inquiring at the Help Desk (Call Center). Please refer to the following link for details on how personal information is handled.
* Available in Japanese only

Please direct all other certificate-related inquiries to the Student Office.
Student Office Email: shoumei@apu.ac.jp

How to Use the Multi-copy Machine at a Convenience Store


details: ※Available in Japanese only

FamilyMart and LAWSON

details: ※Available in Japanese only

Handling of Personal Information

Applicants will be asked to submit identity verification documents to show proof of identity and to confirm they are applying on their own will.
The documents submitted will be used solely for the purpose of issuing the requested certificate(s).