APU has brought together students, alumni, parents, faculty and staff to work together and create the "APU2030 Vision". Based on the Declaration on the Occasion of the Opening of Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University, "APU2030" expresses the direction APU aims to take towards 2030.
The APU2030 Vision
APU Graduates possess the power to change our world.
In our global society of many different cultures and values, conflict and friction are bound to occur. APU strives to cultivate global citizens who will build a peaceful world by understanding and accepting cultural and historical differences. Fostering graduates with these abilities is at the core of APU's ideals of Freedom, Peace, and Humanity; International Mutual Understanding; and the Future Shape of the Asia Pacific Region.
APU Graduates will pursue freedom and peace with a deep respect for human dignity. By acting for the sake of both individuals and society, they can change the world.
Individuals who can change the world:
- Cooperate and overcome conflict through dialog for the benefit of society.
- Tolerate cultural differences and unfamiliar challenges.
- Create new values incorporating diverse perspectives and ideas.
- Envision their own goals and continue to grow as lifelong learners.
To cultivate such individuals, APU will:
- Further utilize its preeminently multicultural campus to immerse students in a Global Learning Community that provides them with opportunities to grow.
- Create a new Global Learning standard by pursuing internationally compatible education and research.
- Strengthen ties with its invaluable stakeholders, from the local community to alumni around the world, working together to design the University and its educational programs.
―Individuals who experience APU's unparalleled Global Learning Community will develop the power to change the world.