The purpose and kinds of student support
Student support is provided to help achieve our educational and research goals based on our university philosophy, and consists of the following support content.
① Life Support
This support aims to ensure students can live safely and securely in an environment where they can engage in academic and voluntary activities, mainly consisting of the following.
- Student support through systems and initiatives that provide basic support for students’ lives, such as financial support scholarships, tuition reduction, Counseling Room, Health Clinic, visa renewal, AP House, etc.
- Student support that promotes achievement and excellence such as the Academic Excellence / Incentive scholarship system, external scholarships, etc.
② Activity Support
This support aims to promote various voluntary student activities that match the university’s human resource development goals, mainly consisting of the following.
- Support and guidance for use of facilities by student-run groups, subsidizing the cost of activities, event management, exchanges between groups, etc.
- Support and mediation for exchange between local / off campus groups and student activities
③ Career Support
This support aims to help secure students’ rich careers after graduation or degree completion, mainly consisting of the following.
- Support and guidance including counseling for various activities related to students’ employment, mediation with companies, providing information to students and companies, etc.
- Initiatives related to career education to help students become socially and professionally independent in the future, play their own roles in society, and realize their own ways of life.
- Information, guidance, and counseling for students planning on going to graduate school
④ Learning Support
This support aims to help all students studying at our university utilize our university’s multicultural environment and work on their studies with peace of mind, mainly consisting of thefollowing
- Support for students with disabilities to learn autonomously while receiving reasonable accommodations from the university to their rights to education and learning are not infringed upon due to their disabilities.
- Support and guidance students with concerns or difficulties in their academic or personal lives to help them to study with peace of mind.
- Support and guidance to help students develop the necessary knowledge, proficiency, skills, attitudes, etc., or work on their further improvement.