Tuition payment deadlines will change in AY2021
Spring semester payment deadline: May 31, 2021.
Fall semester payment deadline: November 30, 2021.
- Failure to pay tuition by the aforementioned deadlines will result in removal from the register from the university.
(The payment extensions offered until AY2020 will no longer be available.)
- If you have been removed from the register, you will not be able to take classes for the semester in question.
- If you are studying on a college student visa, you cannot remain in Japan beyond the date on which you were removed from the register.
Questions in automated chat (For PC)
If you have any questions about tuition fee, you can use the automated chat below.
Do you have a question below? If not, please enter two or more keywords directly in the banner below.
*If you enter your personal information in the chat, we will not be able to reply to you, so please refrain from doing so.
*Also, please understand that we may not be able to help you due to the automatic response by AI.
Tuition amounts differ depending your year of enrollment and year level. Please confirm your amounts from the links below.
* Note: Tuition cannot be paid in installments.
How to check the amount of tuition payment (for each semester)
The amount of payment for each student can also be checked on the "Campusmate" website for students. Students can log in to Campusmate and view and print out the payment slip or a withdrawal information slip from Japan Post Bank account.
*Notices will be posted on Campusmate only after the start of each semester, when they will be ready to be sent out (Spring: mid-April, Fall: early October). Please be aware of this in advance.
*The payment slip can be printed out and used at bank branches (except Japan Post Bank).
＜ How to use the Campusmate website for students ＞
Tuition must be paid in full every semester. Failure to pay the entire amount of tuition by the deadline will result in removal from the register from APU for nonpayment of tuition fees. Once paid, tuition fees cannot be reimbursed for any reason whatsoever.
Note: Payment deadlines will change starting in AY2021
|Spring semester||May 31|
|Fall semester||November 30|
* Caution: Payment deadline extensions will no longer be permitted.
Scheduled timing of invoice mailing
|Year||Spring semester||Fall semester|
|Tuition A||Tuition B||Tuition A||Tuition B|
|1st semester (New students)||
Already paid at the time of admission
(enrolled in the spring semester)
Already paid at the time of admission
(enrolled in the fall semester)
|2nd - 8th semesters||Mid April||Early October|
|9th semester and above||Mid April||Mid April||Early October||Early October|
* Note: The scheduled timing of invoice mailing indicated above is subject to change.
* New students have already paid tuition for the first semester (half year) at the time of enrollment. After enrollment, tuition payment is due from the following second semester.
There are several ways to pay tuition.
1. Pay by automatic transfer from your JP Bank (Post Office) account
|Check the withdrawal notice and deposit the amount of tuition owed at least one day before the deadline.||If you transfer money over the counter at a bank branch, you will generally be charged a fee of several hundred yen. (No fees apply for transfers between SMBC accounts). The JP Bank fee for automatic transfer is ¥10, and you do not have to go to the bank in person.|
If you want to use automatic transfer, you must go to your nearest JP Bank and complete the necessary procedures in advance.
|Applicant for the procedure (Name of the account holder)||JP Bank||APU|
|The account holder submits an application for automatic transfer at their nearest JP Bank（Bank seal is required.）||After setting up automatic transfer and other administrative processes (approximately 1 to 1.5 months), APU will be notified of the completion of the setup.||After receiving the completion notice, APU will register the information.|
*Based on coordination with the Japan Post Bank, the transfer date will be around May 20 for the spring and November 20 for the fall (may be earlier or later depending on the calendar and other factors). We will send you information about the actual dates by mail.
* If a transfer cannot be made due to insufficient funds, another attempt will be made about one week later. If the transfer cannot be made the second time, fees must be paid in person at the bank window. Payments will not be withdrawn on the date of the final deadline (May 31 for the spring, November 30 for the fall).
2. Bank transfer in Japan using a payment slip
In order to identify the payer, please bring the payment form sent out by APU each semester to the financial institution and make the payment. If you make a transfer using an ATM or internet banking, please be sure to enter the payer information as written on the bank payment slip (12-digit code).
*Japan Post Bank is not available.
*Please note that we may not be able to identify the payer if you do not provide a "reference number" (12-digit code) or if you transfer funds under a name other than student name (e.g., parent's name).
APU Bank account indicated on the payment form
Bank name: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (0009)
Branch name: Oita (721)
Account type: Futsu (Regular)
Account no.: 1001659
Account name: Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University, The Ritsumeikan Trust
* Japanese Yen only allowed. Please note that the remittance fee
is paid by the sender.
* The bank may require you to present a form of personal identification (e.g., Residence Card, passport, or driver’s license). Please ask your bank for details.
* If the amount transferred is less than the amount of tuition owed, it will result in removal from the register from APU for nonpayment of tuition fees.
※：If your tuition invoice has not been delivered to your address two weeks prior to the payment deadline, it has probably been returned to APU by the post office. Please contact email@example.com and be sure to include your name and student ID number. If you change your address or phone number, please update these details by yourself via Campusmate. If you do not update your address, your invoice will be sent to your old address. If you submit a Change of Address Notice to the post office, you can have your mail forwarded to your new address for one year.
3. Paying tuition from overseas with Western Union (WU)
This service is only available for persons living outside Japans (Principles, for international students).
To ensure that international students can access this service even if they are in their home countries, the university will send a notice to their APU email addresses When the tuition notice is sent. Please follow the instructions in the email.
(Note: Domestic students who wish to stop domestic bank transfers and switch to paying from overseas with this service should consult the firstname.lastname@example.org well ahead of the tuition payment deadline.)
If you send money directly to the university bank account without using this service, there is a risk that the amount of tuition fees will be insufficient due to intermediary bank charges. If there is a shortfall, you will be required to remit the amount again by the due date, and if any part of the amount is not paid, you will be removed from the register and will not receive credit for the semester. Therefore, please use this service when transferring money from overseas.
※：If you are registered to make automatic transfer from JP Bank and pay using this service instead, the university will need to confirm that payment has been made before the transfer date (every semester) so it can suspend the scheduled automatic payments from JP Bank. Exact dates and other information are included in the email notice about this service. Please make sure you do not accidentally pay your tuition twice.
More details regarding the payment process are included here: